How Many Grams Need to Be Removed for a Reduction for a 36G to a 36DD?

I am 5'7'' 175lbs I would like to go down only two cup sizes. From a 36G to a 36DD how many grams should I have removed?

How many grams need to be removed for a reduction for a 36G to 36DD?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory.  I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Breast Reduction Size

+1

Unfortunately, no one can give you a precise answer to your question.

It is however, very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I have found the use of pictures very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible ( although no system is 100% accurate).

How many?

+1

This is really not an exact science and very difficult to determine.The sizes will vary from bra manufacturers so an exact number can't be given.I always tell my patients I will make them proportional.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Grams removed to go from breast G cup to DD cup: consider liposuction

+1

Given your weight, it is possible that you could achieve this relatively modest breast reduction with liposuction. IT is my estimate that you would need about 700-1000cc of ASPIRATE (does not equal breast tissue weight) per breast to be removed. This is not a black/white single value answer. In most instances, it takes about 150 to 300 cc to reduce each cup size but this is an arbitrary number. Ask your surgeon for the estimated amount to be RESECTED. REMEMBER this is only an estimate.

Bra cup size after reduction

+1

Impossible to determine in advance for two reasons:  Weight removed in grams of breast tissue is different than volume.  Cup size is a measure of volume, and shape as well (wider breasts require larger cup size, even when volume is consistent).  Also, cup size is not consistently related to breast volume among different styles and manufacturers of bras.

Be sure your surgeon knows you want to go down to DD.  He or she cannot guarantee that cup size, but it is a useful guideline.  If you lose (or gain) weight after the reduction, your cup size will change, as it may also change with pregnancy and aging.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast volume reduction

+1

Boy, without an exam it is difficult to say how much weight/volume you will need to be reduced to your desired size. 

Breast reduction, what you leave, not what you take

+1

It can be anyone's guess as to how much of the breast will be removed for any given final cup size during a breast reduction. The weight removed depends on the density of the breast tissue. We no longer weigh the tissue removed at the time of the procedure, and focus instead on what the end result is to be; it is what we leave, not what we take away. Be sure that your surgeon knows the result you have in mind.

peterejohnsonmd

600 gram breast reduction per breast should take you from G cup to DD cup.

+1

Hi.

1) This is actually going down five cup sizes (FF, F, EE, E, and DD).

2) Everybody is a little different, but according to published charts about 600 grams should do it.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Grams Need to Be Removed for a Reduction for a 36G to a 36DD

+1

Dr Whitt is on target but I would say a 1,000 grams per side as a better #. Seek opinions from boarded plastic surgeons in your area. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Relationship of Grams to Cup Size is Difficult

+1

It is impossible to accurately relate cup size and grams of breast tissue.  Having said that, my best GUESS is that a reduction of 700 grams (+/- 100) would reduce you by two cup sizes.  I think that you would not be unhappy with a reduction to a D cup which would be more likely to improve your symptoms (assuming that you are having pain in back, neck, etc.).

John Whitt, MD