Grafts Tip Augmentation?

I consider revision rhinoplasty and grafts maybe necessary for tip augmentation. Unfortunately you can often read of bad experiences concerning grafts. Maybe the reason for this is that the happy ones don't write in forums? Or is it really that risky to use grafts?

Cartilage grafting for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Revision rhinoplasty involves either reduction in the shape of the nose, or augmentation.  In reduction revision rhinoplasty , grafts are usually not needed, since not enough cartilage was removed.  In augmentation revision rhinoplasty, graft are always needed, since too much cartilage was removed.  Hopefully there is available cartilage left inside the nose to be able to reconstruct this nose.  Look for a  surgeon with extensive experience in revision rhinoplasty

Grafts for Nasal Tip Augmentation

+1

I have been successfully using cartilage grafts for tip augmentation, projection, and support for over 30 years. Complications are very rare, but it is impossible to explain the bad experiences of patients who we do not know. In the hands of experienced surgeons this is a reliable, effective technique.

Grafts tip augmentation?

+1

When you are in the hands of an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist, the use of cartilage grafts can yield fantastic results. If you are considering a revision, I would recommend consulting with an expert that has great credentials, a variety of before and after photos from revision cases, and great patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Grafts for tip augmentation

+1

Cartilage grafts for the nasal tip are very common and not risky.  However, the surgery, like all surgeries, needs to be performed properly.  Otherwise, the most common problem with tip grafts is that they are visible.  If your surgeon is experienced, this should not be a problem.  Best of luck with your surgery and thank you for your questions.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tip Grafts in Rhinoplasty

+1

The need for a tip graft really depends on the thickness of the skin and the goals of the surgery.  Often in revision rhinoplasty a lot can be done through suture techniques.  Tip grafts are variable in their shape and location in the tip.  Your surgeon should be able to discuss the pros and cons based on your individual situation.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Grafts for Tip Augmentation

+1

If tip augmentation is needed and there are no other alternatives in which the mold or change the remaining cartilage, cartilage grafts will be necessary for reconstruction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Using cartilage grafts when appropriate can give greast results.  Yes, there are some patients that do not get great results with grafts for many different reasons.  But that is the case with many other operations  too.  Find a good surgeon who has experience.  Good luck.