Can Graft Tip and Columella Strut Be Removed?

5 months ago i had open rhynoplasty to narrow my nose and dr suggested add tip grafting and columella strut i dont like it at all makes my nose feel hard and lift up can i removed this and would my nose be back the same to how it use to look besides of being narrow

Tip graft and columella strut removed?

+2

Dear Bunny 1,

Time is the key for final results to show and I suggest that you wait a little more as it could take up to 12-14 months before all the swelling subsides for good.
The firmness you feel will subside with time as well.

Only then that a definitive opinion could be generated and revisions could be planned if needed.

Nonetheless, to reinstate the pre-op  appearance may not be achieved in full but a board certified surgeon of ample experience in facial surgery/rhinoplasty will be the most qualified to provide you with commendable results.

Revisions are delicate and usually challenging to address so chosing the right surgeon is crucial.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.
Dr. Sajjadian

Removing tip graft and columella strut

+2

Thank you for your question. You are only 5 months out from surgery and I advise you to wait for another six to eight months before doing anything. The nose will continue to s=change over a period of one year and even longer. During that time the scars will settle and the swelling will decrease. After that it would appropriate to determine if removal of the cartilage graft is appropriate and would improve the shape of the nose.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Removal of Tip Graft and Columellar Strut

+2

Both the tip graft and columellar strut can be removed but your nose may not return to .its pre-surgical appearance or maintain the narrow look. Physical examination by an experienced surgeon with a review of the operative report would help to answer your questions. The stiffness may improve with time.