Should I be Able to Grab a Substantial Amount of Fat from the Area That Had Smart Lipo?

It's been 3 weeks since my procedure. I have hardness in a few areas near my belly button & I'm almost 100% again however, I can still grab quite a bit of fat on both the left & right side of the lower ab area (which was the area with the most fat). I'm hoping I will get smaller because my doctor explained that I will continue to "shrink" for the next 3-6 months, but because the area is squishy I'm afraid that I am seeing my "final results." Am I seeing my overall results?

Patience is a virtue

+2

We all would like to see results faster than they come, and three weeks may seem like a long time.

For Smart Lipo though, it is just the beginning, The fact that you are feeling hard lumpiness attests to the swelling and healing process in full force. You probably still also have some of the water used in he procedure, that your body has not totally excreted.

Soon you will start to see changes almost day by day Then things will slow down again, (but not stop) for 4 - 6 months or even longer. It tends to go in waves, First the fluid that was infiltrated goes away. Then the swelling from the healing process goes down. Lastly the tightening from the laser begins to stimulate the collagen.

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 to six months for maximum improvement from lipo

+1

Liposuction can take 6 months to show improvement. Be patient and wait but make sure to see your surgeon for followup. A 1/3 of an inch of fat, or so, should be left for natural health of your skin and appearance. When you pinch, then you feel 2 X 1/3 or 2/3 of an inch normally. Too much fat removal is no good. If you need more removed your surgeon should evaluate at the six month point or so.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

I have so many more questions and a before photo would help. Do you see any improvement? In my personal experience, over 2,000 Smart Lipo cases, my patients see "immediate" results, in days not weeks. Either you are expecting too much an improvement or the operation was not aggressive enough, hard to tell.