Gore-Tex Implants to Create Philtral Columns Above Lips?

I had a sub nasal lip lift and the surgeon put gore-tex implants to create philtral columns above my lips. (between lips and nose) It is very hard and makes it painful to eat certain foods like an apple or corn on the cob. Anything that I use the front of my mouth to eat. It pinches. It is very noticeable when I blot my lips or smile. Can this be removed without additional scarring? I already have a half circle scar beneath my nose from the lip lift. lip lift scar is not at base of nose? Why?

Gortex Vs. Injectable Fillers

+2
Hello Cerro Gordo, After using gortex facial implants for years, gortex has been completely replaced in my pratice with various injectable fillers including restylane, juvederm, perlane, radiesse and sculptra, depending on the patients needs. The quality of the results are superior with injectable fillers due to better control of product placement, the less invasive nature of injectables and fewer risk of complications. The gortex can be removed and usually without leaving an additional scar. Once healed, the area can be built up to give the "paris lips" with injectable fillers. Regards, Anita Mandal, M.D.

Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift / Augmentation

+1

Hi,

I think you are a good candidate for a lip lift procedure. I dont think the gortex implant has done anything for you. You can remove it without any consequence and do a lip lift which will create a nice cupids bow for you. See link below for more information.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Gore-tex rhinoplasty

+1

Dear cerro gordo,

Gore-tex can be removed.  It can be done either through your original incision, or underneath the upper lip above the gum line (invisible incision).  It just depends the level of where the implant is.  If you liked the look of the implant, a similar look can be achieved using injectable product, such as Juvederm.  Just ask for "Paris lips" which essentially refers to the same area you were concerned about.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD