Gore Tex Implant?

I am just wondering if gore tex implant really shrink on the first month, i had a nose implant this month and i hope that it will shrink. And when does the tissue starts growing/incorporating on the implant?

Just wondering if gore tex implant really shrink on the first month,

+1

No, Gore tex nasal implants will not shrink after they are used in a Rhinoplasty.  They are made of a man made polymer that won't decrease in size or volume.

Synthetic nasal implants

+1

The Goretex implant will not shrink, though swelling from the surgery may resolve. Fibrous ingrowth occurs fairly quickly after surgery, but the implant never truly becomes "incorporated".  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Goretex implant and shrinkage?

+1

A goretex implant will not shrink . What will shrink is the soft tissue around the implant.  Good luck.

Goretex Implant

+1

The implant itself will not shrink.  However, any nasal swelling will likely improve with time.   Please discuss your concerns with your original surgeon who can help guide you in the postoperative course.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Do Gore-tex implants shrink?

+1

The implant is inert and should not shrink. However, the edema (swelling) in the tissue overlying the implant will most definitely shrink during the first three weeks to three months depending upon the surgical approach used by your surgeon. You still have a lot of healing ahead of you and it is too early to judge your final result. Be patient - something that is always easier said than done. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Goretex Implant and Shrinkage

+1

This early in the postoperative course the swelling after rhinoplasty and after implant placement in particular will be considerable.  It will shrink. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Gore tex implants

+1

In my experience the Gortex implants are quite stable and thats why I prefer them. The skin overlying the implant will certainly shrink as the swelling from surgery subsides. It takes a few months for tissue ingrowth to occur. Keep in mind however that tissue ingrowth is modest with goretex and not as extensive as materials like Porex.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon