What can I do to get high cheekbones? I have chubby cheeks and I hate it! (Photo)

I've always admired celebrities with beautiful high, angular cheekbones. Unfortunately for me I seem to have flat cheekbones with a lack of volume. I have more fat collect at the jowl area. I also have a weak chin but I do NOT want an implant. I'm all for affordable fillers however. I just need to know what to get and where on my face to get it. I might add I'm in my 20's, if that makes a difference.

What can I do to get high cheekbones? I have chubby cheeks and I hate it!

+2
First you seem to be a great candidate for Juvederm VOLUMA injections about 2 syringes per side (cost over $3.000) BUt the posted photos with the blacked out eyes does not allow a good view of your cheekbone areas... 

How to get high cheekbones.

+2
The best way for someone to have reliable increase in the height of cheekbones is with cheek implants. Otherwise you have to keep having injections in your cheeks over decades which becomes extremely expensive.  

Juvederm Voluma

+1
I would recommend Juvederm Voluma. Voluma is specifically formulated to correct volume loss and enhance contour to the mid cheek area creating a more youthful appearance. Voluma instantly provides a smooth, natural-looking appearance to the cheek area that last up to 2 years with optimal treatment. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which option is best for you and how many sessions/syringes you would need.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma - Almost like injectable cheekbones

+1
Voluma just recently came into the U.S. market after being used in Europe for years. For an instant method of adding height to cheekbones, it's likely the best choice. Longevity is estimated at 18 to 24 months.

This filler DOES require a special injection technique for it to give the results you hope for. Go for expertise, even if you have to look around for it.

Sculptra is another option - but takes a while to get the results you want. Sculptra can be used in many areas of the face to finely contour. The end results are your collagen.

I would suggest that you consult with a plastic surgeon or board certified dermatologist who has experience with both products. In that way you can get the best recommendation and weigh how each product is different.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

+1
Yes, soft, round cheeks give women a soft, feminine look.  Your cheek area appears to be a bit flat.  Having augmentation to address that area will give you a more heart shaped face.  Fillers and implants both work.  You can decide which is appropriate for you after discussion with your plastic surgeon.

Cheek Definition

+1
The first physician review lists the various options for cheek enhancement.  I would definitely recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who is experienced with cheek enhancement procedures.  If you are not ready for surgery, we have seen very impressive results with injectable fillers like Sculptra and the new Juvederm Voluma XC.

Benjamin Stong, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Enhancing the cheeks

+1
Cheek implants, injectable  fillers, and fat are all options to enhance the cheek areas. Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon who can offer you several options. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon