Can I use BOTOX to reduce my Cupids Bow? (Photo)

I want to reduce the look of my prominent Cupids Bow. I don't necessarily want it gone all together, but it's so intense I fear it almost gives the appearance of a turtles lip. I feel if my Cupids Bow was lessened, my lips would look fuller and I'd be so much less self-conscious about my lips. I don't want actual surgery. I was hoping my injecting Botox into the upper lip, it might do the job. Am I right on this? If not what can be done?

Botox and Cupid's Bow

+1
The Cupid's Bow is not an area that you can predictably Botox.  I would suggest if you want fuller lips then I would try having some Restylane or Juvederm injected into upper lip.  Please let me know what you decide to do.

Cupids bow botox

+1
Hi,
as has been pointed out, many clients come to us asking for lips like yours.
Try to adjust your feelings about them; and enjoy them.
No amount of experience can accurately predict an outcome of botox that will meet your expectations.
hope this helps
warm regards
prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Reduce cupid's bow with Botox

+1
So many people would kill for a cupid's bow like this! A small amount of Botox - injected by a greatly skilled injector - might help a bit. But honestly, cupid's bows are formed by muscle AND connective tissue, so the Botox will only help the muscle relax. Mostly, I think you should remember that millions of people are trying to get a cupid's bow just like yours and you should try to embrace it!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Can I use BOTOX to reduce my Cupids Bow?

+1
It is possible to reduce the bulk of the Cupid's Bow, but it will take time.  You would need to have very little Botox on each visit.  If too much Botox is used, your upper lip may not move as readily as it does now.  This is not a 
permanent problem, but it is much better to use little each time and go  for several visits.

+1
Using BOTOX in this area takes a great deal of experience. I might try 3 to 4 units on each side of the phlitral lines..

Botox for Cupid's bow

+1
The shape of your cupids bow is predominantly determined by anatomy, not by muscle action.
Botox will have very little effect. 
You may try strategic placement of a filler, since you were looking to enhance your lip volume anyway.

Niels C. Krejci, MD
Boston Dermatologist

Botox may help but it would take some time

+1
Dear Kelley,

Your cupids bow is formed by the combination of connective tissue and muscle.  Botox may help diminish the bulk of the muscle but it will take some time for this to occur.  The good news is that it will take very little botox, perhaps 5 units or so, each session.  It will take sessions every 3 months for perhaps a year.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD