Is It Good to Get Your Whole Mouth Done with Dental Implants and What Are the Affects of a Long Term Smoker and Dental Implants?

I have gum disease and my teeth are falling out 1by1 and I really want to get these teeth out of my mouth and either get some implants are dentures replaced in. So my questions is what would your recommend me to get.

All-on-4 Dental Implants

+1

Cigarette smoking has long been known to be associated with a variety of oral conditions including periodontal disease, bone loss, tissue loss, tooth loss, edentulism, peri-implantitis and dental implant failure.

Nicotine in tobacco has been shown to reduce the blood flow in the mouth. Pipe smoking can be worse than cigarettes due to the higher temperatures generated in the upper jaw. Not only is smoking detrimental to implants, it is also bad for conventional bridgework.

The All-on-4™ is the modern solution for all missing teeth. This treatment concept replaces your missing teeth with a Full Dental Bridge, No Palate, No Excess Material, Not Removable, and supported by only Four Specialty Dental Implants, with two of the Implants placed at precise angles. With less implants needed, overall treatment time is reduced. The unique All-on-4 solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume. Your teeth will look, feel and are brushed much like natural teeth, and you can lead a normal life immediately after a 1 Day surgery. Studies indicate that Patients receive 90-95% chewing ability. Your quality of life is improved and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again.

Web reference: http://golpa-dentalimplantcenter.com/

Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants and Smoking

+1

Just think of why you lost your teeth in the first place. Was smoking a big factor? I would bet it was major. Smoking is as deleterious to implants as it is to natural teeth.  Replacing your endentulous (tooth missing) areas with expensive implants is a huge investment. Why would you want to keep smoking on top of all the other detrimental effects to your body? I think I said a mouthful.

Red Bank Cosmetic Dentist

Implants in smokers

+1

The full mouth reconstruction done with implants and different options of loading the implants with prosthesis is a reliable, long term and effective way of treatment when performed with appropriate treatment planning by a specialist. However, smoking affects the implant integration with bone and can be causing failures. According to the research it throws the implant survival down to 10-15% in comparison to non-smokers. We recommend to quit smoking and get eather Nicoderm patch or an electronic cigarettes. But usually we don`t smokers for implant surgery.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Should I Get My Whole Mouth Done with Dental Implants and What Are the Affects of a Long Term Smoker and Dental Implants?

+1

Gum disease (or periodontal disease) is terrible- it slowly deteriorates your gums, until teeth get loose. At that point it rarely can be repaired- you usually have to have teeth removed.

Dental implants are highly successful, but smoking does lessen the chances of them "taking" or lasting as long. Anything (like smoking) that's bad for your gums, will be bad for your implants as well.

Visit a great dentist. You will probably need a cosmetic dentist so that your new smile not only chews well, but looks great. The plan for your smile matters a lot whether with teeth, dentures or implants.

All of these things are really only replacements for NO teeth- they'll never actually be the same as your natural teeth. 

Get to a great dentist right away and be open minded to hear what your options really are.

Web reference: http://www.scottgreenhalghdds.com/dental-implants.html

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Implants as an alternative to teeth.

+1

Implants are an excellent way to replace missing teeth or to secure implants.  One problem rarely discussed is that the teeth connect to the trigeminal nerve.  It is a cranial nerve and when the teeth are extracted brain cells die.  Depending on the health of the gums, amount of healthy bone and remaining teeth positions and overdenture can secure a denture using your own tooth roots as living implants.  An overdenture prevents bone loss and is far superior to an unsupported denture. 

I strongly advise having a consultation with a dentist who is familiar with implants (multiple types), and overdentures and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each therapy.

Proprioception is a major Sense and is in the periodontal ligament.

Lake Forest Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants on a Long Time Smoker

+1

I don't believe that any qualified and experienced surgeon would recommend implant surgery for you if you are a smoker. Your bone and gums will not heal properly and the implants will probably fail. Smoking might have been a major cause of your periodontal disease to begin with. You are better off extracting the teeth and getting dentures until you quit smoking.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Effects of smoking on implants?

+1

Smoking does increase the chances of post op problems and implant failures. If your serious of spending the time and money to restore your whole mouth with implants I suggest you quit smoking. Remember if God gave 32 teeth and it didn't work anything we as dentist do will have a questionable prognosis good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD      CEO Baystate Dental PC.

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist