Can a Good Surgeon Tell Me What is the Best, Safest, Cost Effective Way of Getting a Buttock Aug?

Ok so I know implants and the Brazilian but lift thing I want my but bigger and fuller, I want to be told exactly what's better between the two, I personally in favour of the implants because they won't be absorbed by the body and with fat transfer you don't get the best volume you nee because not all the fat cells work or whatever, anyway implants to me seem better but can I have doctor view on both, pro's and cons!?

Implants Vs. Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hello. Both implants and the Brazilian Butt Lift can produce favorable results in the right hands. Multiple factors contribute to the decision between the two. Your figure and desires are important, and are impossible to take into account without proper examination. If you have fat around your sides, lower back, and/or upper thighs that you wish to remove, you could benefit from the Brazilian Butt Lift. While implants strictly impact the areas where they are placed, the Brazilian Butt Lift uses liposuction techniques to shape a beautiful silhouette and frame the buttocks before any fat is injected. Following liposuction, the fat is strategically placed in the superior part of the buttocks allowing the surgeon more control of the results than implants. If you really want implants I would recommend liposculpture in combination with them. I personally have not used implants for 5 years because they carry the risk of seroma, infection, and capsular contraction.

Your concern for volume loss is legitimate as 30%-40% of the injected fat absorbs back into the body. To compensate for this fat loss, the surgeon will inject the area to about 140%, leaving 100% after the loss. Whichever procedure you choose, the use of a board certified plastic surgeon will lower your risk of pricey complications and improve your results.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere.   There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs causing serious problems breathing. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred.  This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflamation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  I prefer to insert the implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%.  Hope this helps…RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Brazilian Butt Lift is safe effective and natural. Also the liposuction when done to the flanks and loer back will enhance the shape of the buttocks. After the fat transfer, you can have further enhancement with a butt implant if you wish