Where is a Good Spot to Do a Patch Test for the Jessners Peel?

I am mixed race with light skin similar to beyonce's. I want to have a jessners peel all over my face, and do 3 layers until i frost all over. im worried about any adverse reactions. where should i do a patch test that will accurately represent the results i can expect on my face? thanks!

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommended pre-treating your skin with Hydroquinone to  lessen the chance of pigmentation even before doing any patch test.  Also, wear daily SPF 30 with zinc. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Best area to test Jessner's peel

+1

Many physicians would recommend testing a small area in front of one of your ears since it is on your face but off to the side.  In my practice, we treat people with darker skin tones with a bleaching agent for a few weeks before doing a peel to lessen the risk of discoloration afterward.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Test spot for Jessner's

+1

I would leave it up to your physician or aesthetician. They usually have their favorite spot for such as placement.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist