What is a Good Size Implant for Me? 5 9", 165, 15cm BWD, Would Like to Be a D Cup? (photo)

I'm having a lift with an aug., and I'm going with Mentor silicone moderate profile implants because they have a wider base and my breasts are already for apart and I would like them to be closer together. I want what is right for my body and with my breast width, the chart says 445-470cc'I am having a anchor lift, would like the highest tightest lift possible, but with the largest implant that I can support without bottoming out?? Tried on 450cc's and loved them, but will they make me sag?

Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Sagging after breast lift and implants

+1

All breasts will sag after a breast lift. The more weight that is in the breasts the more they will sag. Adding the 450 cc implants will definitely increase the risk of sagging and bottoming out. So what to do? Go with the size you want and accept that the risk of sagging increases with the larger the implants or get smaller implants with less risk of sagging. You could also supplement the smaller implants with upper pole fat grafting at the same time or later.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size with Mastopexy

+1

I find that it is very hard to predict what will happen in each individual patient with regard to future tissue stretching and recurrent ptosis after mastopexy with augmentation.  I really think that the characteristics of your tissue play a major role.  In people prone to stretching, larger and heavier implants will increase the likelihood that recurrent ptosis will occur.  I would recommend discussing size with your surgeon as he/she will have the best idea of your tissue characteristics.

Donald Griffin, MD