How Should I Go About Choosing a Good Revision Mid Facelift Surgeon?

22, mid facelift. Results not aesthetically pleasing, look like a car accident victim so I would like to have it reversed Should I look into occuloplastic surgeons? I was thinking facial reconstructive surgeons, but original PS is one & I no longer have much trust in them. I like the board certified doctors ethics & skill, but it worries me that many of them do more body than facial work. I know this procedure is performed following cheek fractures, & am wondering how to find these doctors too

22 year old mid facelift??

Hard to imagine that at 22 you really needed a midface lift at all in the first place.  But you might see Dr. Glen Jelks at this point as he is an expert in NY and is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Board Certifed Ophthalmologist as well.

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Midface lift at 22? There's Your Trouble

I really don't know why anyone agreed to perform a midface lift on a 22 year old patient.  Without some really good explanation, there aren't very many good reasons for an elective facial cosmetic procedure at this age.  Please see an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon and be cautious.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

9407 Cypress Lake Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919

Choosing a Surgeon for a Revision

Easy answer....go see a surgeon who specializes in face lifts and has experience and is willing to do revision surgery. Many surgeons stay away from these surgeries. I would use either a board certified plastic surgeon or a board certified facial plastic surgeon with great experience in face lift work. Check out all their before and after photos. and thats the best you can do. Without question though, if either of these choices is not board certified, forget it.....go elsewhere.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

18851 NE 29th Avenue
Miami, FL 33180

IMHO, the most important factor in selecting your Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon for a Face Lift, Rhinoplasty, Cheek Implant, Botox, Perlane or any treatment and procedure is the ability for the surgeon to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Finding The Best Surgeon for Mid Face Lift Revision

I agree that the most critical decision to be made in achieving the best plastic surgical result especially for revisional surgery is picking the most experienced and talented, that is the best, plastic surgeon possible. Too often, patients choose a physician based on a catchy ad, the brand name of a technique, the basis of one or two before and after photos, or their web site’s search engine ranking. These criteria will not find the most experienced and talented plastic surgeon. See the below link for suggestions on how to do this:

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Good Revision Mid Facelift Surgeon

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find qualified surgeons. Consult with 3 to 4 in your area who are expert in the mid facelift so you will understand your treatment options and be able to identify the best option for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406