3 Months Post-Op TT, Good Results? Or What Would You Recommend I Fix? (photo)

I am 3 months post-tummy tuck (and upper chest skin excision) and while I am "happy" with my results for the most part, I feel like there is more that could have been done. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations? Maybe I just need to lose more weight (this was done after a 90lb weight loss). Would you advise me to be satisfied or pursue further revisions or additional procedures? Thank you!

+1

Based upon your posted photos your result is very good. Weight loss can help. Maybe breast surgery? But your are correct concerning realistic expectations. 

How about these this tummy tuck (photo)?

+1

It doesn't get better than that.  Think about breast augmentation-lift and possibly other procedures (including facial) if you're still not happy.  In my opinion, you're maxed out on the abdomen.

Steve Laverson, MD

Great results from tummy tuck at 3 months

+1

At three months your results clearly reveal a very nice and dramatic improvement in the appearance of your abdomen. You also need to realize that there is still some swelling present which can take up to a year to maximally resolve. In the interim, you can workout and lose weight as needed. 

If you later desire more contouring, then liposuction would be a reasonable consideration.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

3 months after TT

+1

So far so good. Your shape looks so much better. Once all the swelling goes down you could always have a little more liposuction to your lower abdomen if it still is an issue for you.

Ronald Schuster, MD

+1

Please keep in mind that your tummy tuck was surgery, not magic.

Your result looks very good and will continue to improve as the lower abdominal swelling resolves and the scar matures.

I advise many patients that, in an ideal world, they would be a multi-operation project. That is, no matter what the surgeon is able to accomplish in a single procedure, some patients (and as someone who has achieved a remarkable weight loss of 90 lbs you would fit into this group) would benefit from a second operation to complete the transformation.

Of course we don't live in an ideal world, and most people want the best possible result in one operation for reasons of time and cost.

You're doing really well. Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Post tummy tuck

+1

I think you have a good result from where you started..  You can always improve things with further weight loss and toning.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Tummy tuck result

+1
Your result is certainly reasonable given that only 3 months have elapsed since your surgery and that you had a massive weight loss. I think you will continue to see improvement over the next 6-9 months as well.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on the results after tummy tuck surgery. I think you have achieved a very nice result  and should send your plastic surgeon a thank you note.

I would suggest continued patience. Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  a complete skin redraping  to occur. Don't be surprised if you are even “happier” at that time.

I would also suggest continued observance of your diet and exercise program;  this will be important to preserve and or improve the results of your surgery.

At the one year point,  you may find that there are areas that can be approved upon,  but at this point I think you're doing very well.

3 months post abdominoplasty - do I need a revision

+1

I think you have a dramatic change in your overall appearance and shape.  My recommendation is to continue with your current diet and exercise routine.  Your skin will continue to contract and mold over the next year. You have an excellent result.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expectations after massive weight loss body contouring.

+1

Overall, you have a very nice result. You haven't mentioned what your expectations were, but realize that surgery can only do so much. If you are not at your ideal body weight, then further weight loss can help with your overall figure. However, you may need revisional surgery to correct any laxity that occurs. It is not uncommon for a prospective patient to bring photos of models into the office and say, "I want to look like that." Unfortunately, many people don't realize that achieving body types such as those of models in magazines requires strict adherence to years of healthy eating and frequent (often strenuous) exercise. A lap-band and a knife are poor substitutes for healthy and active lifestyles.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon