Do You Think Ill Have Good Results with Full Tummy Tuck No Lipo? My Surgeon Only Suggested the Full Tummy Tuck. (photo)

5'8 160lb? I want a flat stomach, low scar, and no muffin top. Is that not realistic? Not sure what to ask or expect.

Full tummy tuck plus lipo to flanks for "muffin top"

+2

A tummy tuck would be expected to include removal of excess fat in the abdominal area, but if you have excess localized fat posteriorly then liposuction would be added as an additional procedure.  These are often done together in one operation.

Tummy Tuck Without Liposuction?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  I would suggest that you spend more time communicating with your plastic surgeon.  Make sure that he/she  understands what your goals are. For example, explain what you mean by “muffin top”. This  communication will be critical in planning and executing the operation that will best achieve your goals. For example, treatment of this area  may necessitate liposuction and/or additional skin excision (lipectomy).  If so, you may benefit from an “extended tummy tuck”.

Again, clear communication,  preferably in front of a full-length mirror will be a very important towards achieving your goals.

Do You Think Ill Have Good Results with Full Tummy Tuck No Lipo

+2

Thank you for your question. The photos attached are helpful, but are a bit dark and hard to see quite enough detail. 

Based only on the photos, I would lean toward recommending a full TT and also liposuction to the flanks, that won't otherwise have enough improvement. All the best. 

Full Tummy Tuck

+2

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Be sure to follow your Plastic Surgeon's post operative instuctions for a great result. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Do You Think Ill Have Good Results with Full Tummy Tuck No Lipo? My Surgeon Only Suggested the Full Tummy Tuck.

+1

The tummy tuck will give you a flat tummy.  The liposuction could be used to reduce the size of your waist and improve proportions.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks and liposuction each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Full Tummy Tuck +/- Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your photos.  I agree that a full tummy tuck would be an excellent treatment choice. I typically perform some modest liposuction of the love handle areas only.  One should not have agressive liposuction with a tummy tuck because the circulation could be affected and thus poor healing may result.  Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy Tuck No Lipo? My Surgeon Only Suggested the Full Tummy Tuck. (photo)

+1

In general agreement with your surgeon because the scar, bulge, and extra skin on your abdomen that tummy tuck will fix will offer such a dramatic improvement that the result of additional liposuction will pale besides, and may not be a worthwhile additional investment.  Hard to tell for sure how much benefit flank liposuction will offer without examination, because sometimes the extra here is a result of your bony (iliac) configuration, more difficult to improve with liposuction than if it is a bulge of fat.  Flank liposuction also potentially interferes with blood supply to the abdominoplasty flap, increasing risk of skin necrosis, a complication your surgeon do doubt wishes to avoid.

Steve Laverson, MD