I have had 6 babies who are all over 9 lbs, and have major muscle seperation. I have hated my stomach since having my first child, and wish to get it fixed. Do you believe I would recieve a good result with a Tummy Tuck and muscle repair?
Will I Get a Good Result from Tummy Tuck?
Doctor Answers 23
You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck because...
You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and should expect a dramatic result.
The muscle separation is significant and may require more than simple midline plication for full correction. Occasionally an oblique muscle tightening will help as well.
The excess skin and stretch marks are centrally located and will be removed and tightened significantly.
The umbilicus can be made much more attractive.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Candidate for tummy tuck
You are a classic candidate for a fully tummy tuck.
There is loose skin and loose fascia, which only a full tummy tuck are capable of fixing.
Tummy Tuck is the Procedure of Choice
Absolutely a tummy tuck. You are the perfect candidate for a tummy tuck. Loose skin, and separation of the muscles. You will be able to get rid of a lot of the stretch marks and all that loose skin.
You might also like...
A good result after Tummy Tuck requires an experienced surgeon
From your photographs it appears that you are a good candidate for Tummy Tuck. The most important factor in achieving a good result is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon.
be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced, and has an excellent reputation iin your community.
Good Candidate For Tummy Tuck
Yes, based on your photo, I believe you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Patients who benefit the most from a tummy tuck usually meet the following criteria:
1. Minimal excess abdominal fat
2. Excess abdominal skin, particularly in the lower abdomen
3. Separation of midline abdominal wall muscles
4. Normally positioned umbilicus
It appears that you have a very nice shape overall with a minimal amount of abdominal fat but a significant amount of excess abdominal skin and muscle separation. Assuming that you are in good health and have realistic expectations, it appears you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Best of luck
Jaime Perez, M.D.
Tummy Tuck Specialist in Tampa, FL
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, FL
Tummy tucks, mommy makeovers, weak abdominal muscles.
The previous history that you have described with multiple deliveries, separation of the abdominal muscles and the apparent loose skin that you present with in the photo would suggest that you are an ideal patient for a tummy tuck. As confirmation of this, however, please be aware that a thorough examination by a reputable Plastic Surgeon is strongly indicated. Your surgery could be performed as either an outpatient or inpatient procedure, and oftentimes can be performed with breast surgery or limited liposuctioning. Theses procedures are frequently referred as mommy makeover procedures. Please feel free to ask a board certified Plastic Surgeon about your desire for a makeover. Best of luck.
Great candidate for a tummy tuck
Congratulations! After bearing 6 children, you certainly deserve to be considering a tummy tuck. Continue to not smoke or use nicotine, get to a stable body weight your comfortable with, and by all means, you will have a tremendous improvement to your physique and to your self confidence with a tummy tuck.
You're a fantastic candidate for tummy tuck
In the right hands, you will receive a dramatically improved result from a tummy tuck. You are thin, with extensive muscle separation and redundant skin; all of these can be corrected with surgery. Keys to success:
1) Continue not to use tobacco products. Tobacco usage can lead to significant problems with healing and compromise your results.
2) Make sure you're at a relatively stable weight. Dramatic shifts in weight up or down can compromise your final result.
3) Be sure you're done having children! Additional pregnancies can completely undo the results of surgeon.
4) See an American or Canadian board-certified surgeon, depending on your location.
Best of luck!
Good Tummy Tuck result
The things that determine a good result for a Tummy Tuck are the following:
1. Lack of fat deposition inside the abdomen. No matter how tight the closure is, if you have a lot of fat inside the abdomen, your abdomen will look rounded, not flat, and the muscle will stretch.
2. Little fat deposition in the waist. If you have a lot of fat deposition around the waist, you look flat from the side, but from the front you still look wide. The only solution is to liposuction aggressively around the waist, but some surgeons may not feel comfortable doing this.
3. A clearly visible separation of the muscles. This bodes well for a marked change in appearance after muscle tightening.
4. Stretched skin. This makes it easier for redraping the skin.
5. Lack of stretch marks above the belly button. This ensures a smooth appearing, blemish free abdominal skin cover.
I am very excited for you!
You look like a wonderful candidate for a tummy tuck, and I'd expect a dramatic improvement. You should be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will check to see if you have any reasons that would make the operation unsafe (medical issues, smoking history, etc) and will counsel you appropriately.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.