Will I Get a Good Result from Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Im fairly small, around 100 lbs. Im worried that theres not enough skin to get the results im hoping for.

Tummy Tuck for 100 lbs?

+2

From the front picture you posted you have an interesting anatomical situation.  You appear to have skin redundancy above the belly button but not below.  A reverse tummy tuck can be performed to pull skin from under the breasts to lift the skin of the upper abdomen.  I would agree that a standard tummy tuck may not be for you.  An exam is essential to determine this.  Find a well credentialed doctor and good luck.

Results with tummy tuck

+2

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Multiple views from different angles would allow me to better answer your question.  However, based on your pictures, you may be a better candidate for liposuction instead of a tummy tuck.  You don't appear to have enough skin laxity to allow for the excision necessary in a tummy tuck.  Make sure you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in consultation. 

Do I have enough extra skin for a tummy tuck?

+1

Without examining the quality of your skin, I cannot say for sure whether or not you have enough extra skin for a tummy tuck.  That being said, from your pictures you do not appear to have enough for a full tummy tuck.  Mini tummy tuck might be an alternative however.

Tummy tuck

+1

It is not possible to say much from these photographs. From the little i see I cant see any skin redundancy or fat deposits so you dont need anything done

Better Views Needed To Determine If A Tummy Tuck Can be Done

+1

Based on this one view with your arms raised, it is not possible to tell whether a tummy tuck of any form would be appropriate. It would be much more helpful to see four photograhic views, front, side and three-quarter, with your arms at your sides as well as a bentover view at 45 degrees from the side to really answer your question.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Will I Get a Good Result from Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thanks for the question. You are a candidate for liposuction and not for TT. This simple method followed by compression garments for 3 months will bring you in shape. Wish you good luck.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/body/liposuction-women.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1
Are we all seeing the same photos? From the lateral view, I do not see a reason to perform a tummy tuck and would need additional photos to determine if there is any reason for liposuction.

Front view as well as "divers" view (bent at waist) would be helpful

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I would encourage you to post a front view as well as a "divers" view with the waist bent.  These views will help tremendously with your online evaluation.  There are other abdominal contouring options available other than an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) as well as multiple types of tummy tucks.

Dr Remus Repta 

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Result

+1

You need to see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. I am sure something can be done, exactly what would be determined after a physical examination. Internet consults are not very good.

"Good" candidate for a tummy tuck

+1

I can't tell from your photo but I'd say that you are too thin with too little skin laxity to be considered a "good" candidate for a TT.  That doesn't mean you can't do one, just that the final scar might be higher and more visible that is others. Be careful that you won't be unhappy you did this.