What Would Be a Good Implant Size for Me?

I am a very small woman with almost no breast tissue. Finally I will be going in for a consultation with my surgeon, but I need a little guidance before I go in. I don't know what size/shape/placement would be best for me, since I have nearly no breast tissue right now. I would like to be a VERY full C cup or a small D, but I don't know if that's feasible for someone like me. Also I wasn't sure which placement would be best for my body, and look/feel the most natural. Anything helps! Thanks!

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Try on different sizers at your consultation.

+1

Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the sizing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.
Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.
Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Picking a breast implant size

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 125 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

How to pick the best breast implant size

+1

This is a difficult question to answer without examination.  I will give you some general guidelines to consider.

The implant must easily fit within the boundaries of your chest wall (the breast width and height).  If you have very little breast tissue, the height (profile) of the implant becomes important as well.  A moderate profile implant may be "easier" on your skin than a high profile implant.

If you have very thin skin and breast tissue, a silicone implant will feel and look more natural than saline.

Based on my experience, a breast implant size of 250cc may be a good size for you, but again you may be able to go larger based on your examination.  Again, the key is to pick an implant which fits your breast dimensions comfortably.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

How to pick breast implant sizes.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation

Best implant size for you

+1

Breast implants are chosen based on your anatomy and your goals. The basics of measuring the width of the breast and chest wall, the thickness of the skin and breast tissue, and noting any asymmetries give the surgeon a platform from which to begin choosing an implant. Your desire on cup size allows for the choice of the right implant to meet your goals.

In general, if you have very little breast tissue, most surgeons would recommend a submuscular implant. This helps to camouflage the implant and make the edges less noticeable. Also, if you have little breast tissue and you wish to go up to a C or D cup, the implant will make up the majority of your breast volume. In these cases, I recommend silicone gel implants as the "feel" of the implant is an important consideration. Also, they have a lower incidence of rippling in comparison to saline implants.

Once the measurements are made, a range of implants are available based on your breast and chest dimensions. For a given implant width, more volume can be chose by increasing the projection of the implant. This allows for more or less volume for a given anatomic size. Please note that cup sizes are a poor measure of volume. Cup sizes vary considerably between bra manufacturers. Also, implants will not change the number (34, 36, etc.) of your chest, only the cup size.

Overall, breast augmentation should be a natural and appealing change in the shape of the breast. Forcing an oversized implant into a small breast usually ends in disappointment and revision surgeries. Being realistic about what your body/breast can handle and achieving a natural look is the way to achieve a beautiful augmentation that you'll be happy with for years to come.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What is the best breast implant size

+1

The size of the implant really depends on your anatomy and your skin quality.  This will be determined at your appointment.  Since you have very little breast tissue, you should have a submuscular (under the muscle) implant placement.  This will allow for more tissue coverage of the implant leading to a more natural result.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Choosing the right implant is key to great results in Breast Augmentation

+1

Choosing the right size is one of the most important aspects of breast enhancement. The same size breast implant will look different on different women depending on the amount of breast tissue you have, your height , weight, chest diameter, and the width of your breast. For this reason, it is very difficult to look at before and after photograph in choosing which size is best for you. Unfortunately, there is no science behind bra sizes and bras vary from manufacture to manufacture. When taking about breast augmentation and implant sizes, we rely on the volume of the implant and refer to the implants in terms of cc's.

We do a preliminary sizing at the time of our initial consultation visit. The sizers are inserted in a sizer bra which gives you a good idea of what you will look like with that size implant. During our pre-operative visit, we perform a second sizing. We spend a great deal of time on this second sizing as it where we make our final decision on implant size. It helps to have several sets of clothing to see how you will look in outfits you like to wear. Frequently, it helps to have a friend who can help you make your decision. It is not uncommon in my practice for women to come back for a third visit to size in order to feel comfortable with their decision. I would much prefer to spend this time before the procedure than to be faced with placing an implant which is too large or too small.

Once the correct size  is chosen, we look at the measurements of the implant to find the implant of the correct size and dimensions to match your breast. The implant will be either a moderate profile, moderate plus profile, or high profile.

The most important aspect of this process is open communication with your Plastic Surgeon. I recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Don't try to choose an implant without an in person exam

+1

Hi there-

The appropriate selection of an implant for any individual patient should be based on her goals and a very specific and careful physical examination.

Your surgeon will help you with this during your consultation.

Here is a bit more information about this:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2010/01/achieving-beautiful-breasts-you-desire.html#657

Breast augmentation implant sizing

+1

It doesn't really matter what your overall size is or how much breast tissue you have. Fitting an implant to you is similar to fitting you to clothing. You have to be measured and choose from what is available and will fit and look right. 

Experience over many years is that breast implants do better both short term and certainly long term if they are below the pectoralis muscle at least in the upper part of the breast. Implants are properly sized by measuring the width of your breast and from experience knowing the width (and height) of the implant that will fit it and look right. The forward volume or profile of the implant is what decides what the cup size increase will be within the profile/volume of implants that are available in your width and what your tissues will accommodate without stretching or distortion. A round, high profile saline-filled implant of the Allergan Corp. will increase you from a low A cup to a low C cup. In gel implants, either Mentor or Allergan have a high profile implant that will increase you two cup sizes. There is currently no good or reliable way to increase your cup size by more than two cup sizes in one procedure without risking problems that may not be fixable. To do so is like telling an orthopedic surgeon what size hip implant he or she should use for your hip just because you want that size. 

In my opinion and experience, "trying on" bras or implants externally is of no value in determining proper implant sizing. There is no good way to measure breast size (volume) before or after breast augmentation. Your best approach is to imagine your breast with its characteristics looking two cup sizes larger and viewing pictures of women who have had properly sized high profile implants put in and what an increase of two cup sizes looks like on them. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon