Is It a Good Idea to Purposely Gain Weight Before Getting Liposculpture and Fat Transfer?

I'm in good shape but with a straight 'boy' figure, I would like my love handles redistributed to my hips.

Gaining weight before fat transfer

+1

If you want lipo of the flanks then you probably have enough. Gaining weight can not be controlled where that fat is going to be and when you loose weight you may loose some of the fat transferred

+1

I typically do not recommend weight gain prior to the procedure.   I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA