Is It a Good Idea to Go to Plastic Surgeons Whom Are Still in Residency?

I hear results are just as good. I livw in new orleans and the surgery would be performed at the Lsu medical center...si i hear. I have a consult April 6, 2012 as there are very expierenced PS that perform with the resident student. I am looking to have explant sugery. I think that it may be cheaper to go this route.

Exchange of implants

+1

If the procedure is straight forward and you are going to well known facility and feel comfortable after the consult,check the price difference and make an educated decision. For more complicated procedures I would go to a board certified plastic surgeon if you can afforded it.

Good luck

Web reference: Http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgery resident clinics can be safe environment for inexpensive cosmetic surgery.

+1

Hi.

University hospitals like LSU are usually supervised environments and quite safe.   Much better to go there than to a very low fee private surgeon with questionable credentials. 

Choosing a Resident For Your Plastic Surgeon

+1

You may want to check out the cost difference between the resident's clinic and an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  If you are able to afford the person with the best training why accept less than the best?

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Surgeons in residency

+1

Most of us were trained in this manner.  You should make sure your resident is supervised during the procedure and understand that he or she are not seasoned in difficult cases.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Plastic surgery by residents

+1

All of us were residents at one time and I personally trained residents for 11 years.  So, I can say that doing surgery with a resident backed by an experienced surgeon can work well in simple cases, however, it is not the case that the results will be the same as if the experienced surgeon did it himself or herself.  But in just an explant case which is very simple, a resident surgeon could be just fine.

Residents clinic in plastic surgery

+1

There is something to the adage "you get what you pay for".  In general I would have a hard time recommending a resident clinic. You do not know how much of the time the supervising surgeon will be present and involved.  You might get supervision from a distance.  

That said, with an explant (removal of breast implant), I think you should be fine with a residents clinic.  This is a pretty easy case that involves minimal tissue manipulation.   Unless you are also getting a mastopexy (lift), I could not strongly recommend paying more. 

Good Luck

Richmond Plastic Surgeon