Is It a Good Idea to Get Lipo Before Marriage and Having Children?

I am 23 years old, I have never been married nor I have children. Do you recomend having a liposuction before marriage and having children. Will in the future affect me having children?

Is it a good idea to get lipo before marriage and children?

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, it is a good idea to get liposuction before having children.  The younger you are to have liposuction the better the result as your skin has more elasticity and therefore will contract down better after surgery.  Liposuction does not affect your ability to have children. 

Is It a Good Idea to Get Lipo Before Marriage & Having Children?Answr:

+1

Many women get Lipo before kids and if your weight remains fairly stable , you should get a nice , long lasting result....Also, the younger you are, the better quality of your skin and many women see the benefit in that!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction before Having Children

+1

I always recommend to my female patients that they have liposuction before pregnancy while your skin's elasticity is at it's best. After pregnancy your results may not be as optimal as before due to your skin's compromised laxity. It will not affect your ability to have children in the future.

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction before pregnancy

+1

The liposuction will not affect your future pregnancy in any way. I am not sure if what you are asking is if you are a candidate for liposuction at the present time, should you do it now, or wait until you are married and done having children. If that is the question, then I would say that if you and your doctor feel you are a good candidate for liposuction at the present time, it is OK to proceed now, before either of the other things occurs.

Julio Garcia, MD

Liposuction may actually help you get someone so you can get pregnant and eventually have kids!

+1

Liposuction is such a great procedure with dramatic results that it may actually help you catch that special someone so you can eventually get pregnant and have kids.  You will probably gain  less fat in those areas during your pregnancy and therefore have less to lose after the pregnancy.  All good things.  Good Luck,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction before children

+1

If you are a good candidate for liposuction (reasonable body weight, good skin tone, and localized fatty deposits), you can obtain an excellent benefit from liposuction now and in the future.  Having liposuction now will not hurt your opportunity for future prenancy.  And, pregnancy will not necessarily "undo" the result from your liposuction.  The only surgery that I feel really needs to wait until after childbearing is abdominoplasty or "tummy tuck" surgery.  Pregnancy definitely disrupts our result there! 

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD

Liposuction before children

+1

If you have well localised fat deposits and are a good candidate for liposuction you can have the procedure and enjoy the benefits without risk or problems from pregnancy. At 23, marriage might be a good way off, and as they say, children will change everything.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Having liposuction before having children is just fine

+1

Lipo is a great way to reduce localized areas of fat. It doesn't matter if you haven't had children yet if your skin is in good shape. Regardless of when in your life you might seek liposuction, the best single determinant of a good result is having good skin tone.

Having liposuction before having children will not impact the subsequent pregnancy in any way. So don't wait to enjoy your best shape!

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

When ever you are ready

+1

If you are a candidate, Liposuction can be done any time, the most important factor is you being ready for it.

Abdominoplasty on the other hand should be done only after you have finished with pregnancies.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction BEFORE Having Children

+1

Liposuction is indicated for removal of localized pockets of fat around the body. It will NOT replace nor is it interchaneable with a Tummy Tuck. If you have localized fat deposits, it is a great operation.  A Tummy Tuck is indicated for correction of the post-pregnancy abdominal wall changes.  If you have localized fat deposits, liposuction is for you. If you have loose tummy skin AND fat deposits, I would delay the tummy tuck until you completed your family and do only the liposuction. It will NOT be a home run but allow you to look better.