Is It a Good Idea to Have Breast Augmentation in the Summer?

Breast augmentation can be performed at any time of the year.

+2

Breast augmentation can be performed at any time during the year. It is important to consider many factors when planning surgery including your ability to book time off work for recovery and altering your lifestyle (i.e. no working out or sun-tanning) while your breasts are healing. Many patients choose to have surgery in the summer as they have more the free time and can relax without feeling guilty. At whatever time you choose to have your surgery, just be sure to give yourself enough rest and relaxation to fully heal. Good healing leads to great results.

Web reference: http://www.theplasticsurgeryclinic.com/procedures/breast/enlargment.html

The Best Time For Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Bow,

Timing when to undergo a breast augmentation surgery is purely personal as far as the patient enjoys a medical clearance.

The benefits of scheduling your surgery during the summer is practical as any other time of the year where you can enjoy a good time off of your daily responsibilities (work, studies, etc.)

One of the major elements to ensure the best possible results is a well fit post-op ambulation regardless of when you can meet it.

It is important to note that you should not consider tanning while exposing your scars as they will darken and will remain bold.

Thank you for your question and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Breast Surgery During the Summer

+1

Whether or not having a breast augmentation in the summer is a good idea depends on what you plan on doing during the summer. After breast augmentation surgery, you can expect 3-4 weeks of very limited activity and will be able to resume physical activity after 6 weeks. If you spend most of your summertime tubing on the lake, you might want to schedule your surgery when it’s cooler, but if you don’t plan on an active summer, you shouldn’t have any conflicts.

Yes, you can have Breast Augmentation in the Summer

+1

Yes, you can have Breast Augmentation in the Summer.  You may also have it in the Spring, Fall, or Winter depending on what best fits your schedule.

Breast augmentation should be done when the time is right for you...

+1

when you are able to take adequate time off from obligations to heal.  Most of my patients like to have this surgery in the Spring so they can enjoy the look throughout Summer.  But there really is no good time except when it fits into your schedule.  The season will not afford you any benefits and perhaps Winter will allow you to recover more quietly since bulkier clothing is worn if you wish to keep it a secret.

Breast augmentation in the summer

+1

A breast augmentation can be done during any season. In fact, many people prefer it for various reasons( kids are in camp, summer vacation and have time, to name a few)

Breast augmentation in the Summer

+1

You can have breast augmentation whenever you are prepared to have it done. You have make sure you have enough time to recover before you resume your normal activities or travel.

Breast Augmentation

+1

The busiest time for breast augmentation in by practice is in the spring for people getting ready for summer.  I still do quite a few during the summer however.  You would just need to limit your activities for a few weeks.  Most activities can be resumed by 3 weeks and no restrictions at all after 6 weeks.  If you wish you can visit my website at hallmd.com where you will find more detailed recovery information.

Sincerely,

Gary Hall,MD

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation in the Summer?

+1

As long as you have enough recovery ( and "take it easy")  time scheduled, there is no reason not to have breast augmentation done in the summer.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Summer Breast Augmentation

+1

It is fine to have a breast augmentation in the summer. However it will limit some of your activities for about three weeks, swimming in particular. I usually like to have my patients completely healed up at their incisions before they can swim.  Summer can be a good time to have surgery, if you have time off. You just have to take it easy. No volleyball.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon