What is a Good Girdle After Tummy Tuck?

I am 5 weeks post mommy makeover and have been using a Squeem but the metal rods dig into the bottom of my breast and my thighs. Any others recommendations for using at the gym and sleeping?

Good Girdle postop

+1

Hello

You are 5 weesk down the track now and I would usually recommend wearing a binder or girdle for upto 6 weeks post op and then wearing what you normally wear.  You can also just remove the metal rods from the garment.  They are usually easily removed by picking out the seam.  Alternatively you can purchase another garment fromt he sports shop called a skin which athletes wear and you can place this under you gym gear.  It holds the tummy quite tight and firm.

Hope this helps

Stephen Salerno

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment questions

+1

You could consider a product found at Target called Assets. These are mildly compressive and many patients find  them a comfortable alternative when ready to switch from the compression garments.  

What is a Good Girdle After Tummy Tuck?

+1

We usually recommend Spanx by this time. Most patients find them much more comfortable than the post op garments. I would use them right after surgery, but they can be harder to get on and off early on since they don't have zippers and/or clasps. All the best. 

Support after a tummy tuck

+1

The best post operative garments I have found  for post liposuction care and post TT care are those at Nordstroms.  These garments are comfortable and very favorably priced.  The alternative is the garments and girdles produced by the many commercial liposuction companies.  These are not as comfortable and are very costly.   Try Nordstroms.  The whole idea after 3 or 4 weeks is comfort.  You will be fine with any garment or no garment.  You might consider just a soft blouse and an abdominal binder by DALE.  Patients love these.  Aloi the binders by the Sports Authority and Big 5 work very well.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Soft but continuous compression for garment is best after abdominoplasty.

+1

A compressive garment should be user-friendly so the patient won't discard this therapy. A garment is easy to put on and administers gentle but continuous pressure is best. More expensive is not necessarily better.

Garments after tummy tuck

+1

I prefer to use a softer garment abdominal binder and sometimes I even use specialized foam to press in certain areas depending if there is any areas of residual swelling which is not uncommon at 5 weeks after a tummy tuck.  I have a number of different style garments that are each designed to do slightly different things depending on the situation.  I do not like binders that irritate the bottom of the breast. 

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

Post Op Girdles

+1

We have our patients use Design Veronique. Our nurse will measure you and order. They fit well and most patients really like them. I'm sure there are others as well.

Ronald Schuster, MD