What Are Good Fillers for the Lips?

My cupid's bow isn't very visible, what type of filler should I use for it?

Best filler for the lips?

+2

In general, the best filler for the lips is Juvederm. It is very soft, and yields a great looking and natural result. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Most natural appearing filler for lip augmentation

+2

The softer hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm Ultra and Belotero work extremely well in the lips to give you a fuller but natural appearing result.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Lip Augmentation

+2

Hello and thank you for your question! If you have never had any type of filler product injected into your lips, I would start with the ones the previous doctors have mentioned as they only last for 6 mos-1 year and can be dissolved if you aren't happy with the results.  After deciding that you like the look of your augmented lips, and if you decide that you would like something more permanent, I would look into an in office permanent lip augmentation procedure.  Here at my practice I use SurgiSil Lip Implants.  They are made of a soft silicone and are designed to not allow scar tissue to adhere to them.  This makes the removal of the implant a fairly easy procedure in the event that you do not like the way it looks or feels.  The procedure is done under local anesthetic and takes about an hour and a half to complete.  We find that this is a nice solution for those that are tired of the injections and needle pokes that are associated with getting filler injected into the lips.  Good luck!

Tanya Aya Atagi, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

What Are Good Fillers for the Lips?

+1

We like using Restylane or Juvederm for lip augmentation.  These two fillers have proven capable of giving consistent results.

Creating a pretty cupid's bow with fillers

+1

You'll want a soft filler for the lips so the movement in that area stays natural. The hyaluronic gels are the best option - Juvederm, Belotero and Restylane are the 3 fillers I would suggest you consider. They are all soft and extremely pliable.

The cupid's bow can be augmented by adding a bit of filler in the lip border and also in the philtral columns (the little ridges that run between the top of the lip and the center of nose). This provides extra dimension and can be very pretty.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

There are two types of fillers for the lip, permanent or temporary. The most common temporary fillers for the lip are juvaderm/restylane.They inject easily and give predicatble results lasting up to 6 months. The new Permafacial implants are silastic and permanent. Our studies on these are very rewarding. You can decide on either way. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers

+1

Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are great products for lip augmentation and increasing the visibility of your cupids bow. A good choice of a Hyaluronic filler would be Restylane, Juvederm, and more recently Belotero. These fillers are predictable and in the unlikely event you are not pleased with look of the treatment, they can be removed by injecting an enzyme that breaks down HA called hyaluranidase. It is best to stay away from silicone and other artificial permanent fillers.

Johan E. Brahme, MD

Re: Juvederm as a Good Filler For the Lips

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm or Restlyane are excellent choices for the lips. Hyaluronic acid can hold lots of water molecules. So the results look very hydrated and natural.

What matters more than the actual filler is the injection technique.

It is possible to inject the cupids bow peaks to accentuate their shape. However it is also important to maintain the overall proportion of the lips.

I thought you might like this video which features a patient who also had her cupid’s bow enhanced in her lip augmentation procedure. 

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for lips

+1

most of the HA fillers are excellent. It depends what country you are in. Allergan is coming out in Canada in the next few months with a low molecular weight HA that is soft and has longevity

You must decide whether you want more definition of the vermilion border or philtral crests or more volume. 

David Ellis MD FRCSC

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for lip augmentation

+1

I agree with the others, all of whom recommended the hyaluronic acid based fillers for this purpose.  However, those of us who are experienced with the use of Silikon 1000 find that this is an excellent means of providing PERMANENT lip augmentation.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon