Good Doctors in New Jersey to Perform Facial Botox?

I am a 38 year old black female looking to get a facial botox procedure to eliminate/reduce under eye bags and expression lines. Please provide information for the best specialists located in or near the 07054 area code. thanks

Lower lid surgery or fillers

+2

Lower lids are better managed with either surgical removal or using fillers. The fillers act as a temporary camouflage,the surgery is longer lasting and addresses the anatomical deformity.

You might benefit from an under eye Injectable Filler treatment to minimize the appearance of bags.

+2

Botox works well for crow's feet next to your eyes, but is not reliable for reducing crepe under eye redundant skin when you smile.

To reduce the appearance of your lower eyelid bag, a well performed Injectable Filler treatment may help. This works by filling the groove between the lower lid bag and cheek. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good Doctors in New Jersey to Perform Facial Botox

+1
The botoxcosmetic.com website is a good starting point to find a good injector in your area. The injectors are ranked by the volume that they do. Having said that, you may be better off with a dermal filler or surgery for the lower lids. Consult in person with 3 board certified plastic surgeons and expert master injectors to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Bags under eyes

+1

It does not sound like botox would be helpful for you. It may be something that a surgical procedure would help you with more. Bags under the eyes can be caused by fat, fluid or even muscle prominence. I would need to take a look at you to see what the problem is specifically. In patients who have orbicularis prominence ( muscle prominence) bot ox can be helpful occasionally.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid bags not treated by Botox

+1

There are three reasons to have swelling under thelower eyelids.

1. Fluid. Swelling from fluid collections can occur for several reasons including allergies and sinus problems. Botox does not help this.

2. Fat pads. As we age, some people develop a herniation of fat forward resulting in a bulge. Plastic surgeons can reposition this fat backwards to retain the youthful volume, or extract it but that may cause a hollowed-out appearance. Botox does not help this.

3. Muscle. The eyelid muscle is hypertrophic, or enlarged, in some people and forms a sausage-like roll underneath the lower eyelid eyelash line. This is not the bulge that most people refer to as bags. This muscle roll, however, can be treated with very small number of units of Botox if the person doesn't have a loose eyelid and doesn't have fluid bags.

I'm sorry that I can't provide a name for you of a physician near your zipcode.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox not good for under eye bags

+1

Botox does not remove under eye bags -- it works by paralyzing muscles so they can not contract and give wrinkles. The lower lid bags come from fat pockets.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD