Breast Augmentation Doctor Recommendations in Memphis, TN

Im about to get breast implants..I have no idea about which doctors are good which arent. I just moved here. My worst fear is getting a bad experience..any good plastic surgeons in memphis TN? thank you :) <3

Best Breast Augmentation Surgeon

+2

he Best Breast Augmentation Surgeon

Finding the best surgeon for a natural looking result from breast augmentation

When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.

I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?

I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".

Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their body, I have developed some fairly strong opinions about this operation.

it is important to discuss the following with your plastic surgeon

Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants
How many cc's? - deciding on implant volume
Incision locations
Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
Attention to detail in breast augmentation
Breast augmentation after pregnancy
Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
Recovery and downtime
Avoiding capsular contracture
Revisional breast augmentation surgery

Of course select a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and perhaps a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Viewing many photographs can also help you to determine whether or not a plastic surgeon shares your aesthetic sensibility

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

As a starting point...

+1

Used reputable organizations such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons as a starting point.  Request that your surgeon is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

Chen Lee, MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Finding a good plastic surgeon

+1

The most important thing is finding a surgeon who does a lot of breast augmentation.  You can look at before and after pictures also.  You just need to find someone you connect with and are comfortable around.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Memphis plastic surgeons

+1

The first place to start is to go to the ASPS or ASAPS websites and find a board certified plastic surgeon in your community.

Breast augmentation and finding qualified plastic surgeon

+1

To find a plastic surgeon who is board certified and who performs breast augmentation go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.  Their link can be found on the page below.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

How to pick a plastic surgeon for breast augmentation.

+1

Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon for breast augmentation.

Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique.  Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6)  Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want.  You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want.   Many  patients are eager to share their experience.  Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7)  If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room.  A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory.  This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8)   With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED.   Very important safety assurance.

9)   Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST.  Another very important safety factor.

10)  Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care.  This can really speed recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Choosing a surgeon

+1

Finding a surgeon is a 4 step process.
1. getting names of plastic surgeons-from friends, doctors, nurses, hospitals, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
2. checking their credentials-training, board certification, hospital privileges, experience
3.  the consultation – what to ask-compare visits between different surgeons
4.  making a choice – a consumer checklist

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Augmentation Recommendation in Memphis & Elsewhere

+1

I understand your concerns.  The best way to determine who is best qualified to perform your surgery is to initially do a search at ASPS and ASAPS.  Both organizations require board-certification in plastic surgery.  If you have established a relationship with a family doctor, ask him/her for recommendations.  You should probably have 2 or 3 consultations and pick the surgeon with whom you have the most trust.

John Whitt, MD