Would I Be a Good Canidate for a Mini Tuck? (photo)

I would like to get rid of my loose skin, the strech marks are below my navel, and i work out an hour a day, my upper abs are in great shape, i feel that my lower abs are tight too, underneath this lose skin. are there any other options? I am 5'6 and 112. my body is in great shape, and even with a 32 nearly A bra size i am satisfied with my body, I cant miss more than 3 days of work, but good lord my bodies never looked better and my kids are grown, ive been caring this skin for 20 of my 38 yrs

Good candidate for a mini tummy tuck?

+1

In order for you to get rid of the stretch marks above year belly button you will require a full tummy tuck. He also have some abdominal laxity which will require sutures to be placed to tighten your core.  He certainly appeared to be in good shape, but my recommendation is to go with a full tummy tuck in to speak with the plastic surgeon to limit the length of the incision.  The only way to know if this is possible, is to meet with a plastic surgeon and have a full physical exam performed.  Good luck!

Candidate for a mini tummy tuck

+1

I think in reviewing your photos and hearing your history that a mini tummy tuck would be a good option for you.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy contouring

+1

It is impossible to give recommendations without a formal physical assessment/exam of your belly. Having said that, I would likely recommend a full tummy tuck especially to correct the post-pregnancy changes. After multiple pregnancies, l'd likely recommend a full abdominplasty with liposuction of the waist. A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.

Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:

Excess abdominal skin following weight loss; Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle; Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise; Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy; Desire for a thinner profile; Desire to look younger and fitter; Desire to fit into clothes better

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Am I a Good Candidate for a Mini-Tummy Tuck.

+1

It would appear you have a moderate degree of fascial laxity. Your muscles may be toned but the wrapper they are contained in has stretched out - giving your abdomen a round contour. You don't appear to have enough skin to easily perform a standard abdominoplasty. A short scar with limited skin excision combined with wide undermining of the skin to allow tightening of the muscular fascia would give you a nice improvement but would not really improve stretch marks much. I like to keep the scar low and based upon what I'm seeing one would have to have the scar much higher to allow aggressive removal of skin with stretch marks. If you'r willing to accept a long scar an extended incision abdominoplasty may allow more skin to be removed. If you only have three days to recover none of these options will be practical. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Mini Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures and history,  I think you will be much better off with a full tummy tuck procedure. Recovery time will be a minimum of 2 to 4 weeks depending on what type of work you do.

The mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Mini-Tuck Right For Me?

+1

Dear kat2,

From your photos, it appears that a significant portion of the fullness in your lower abdomen is due to seperation of your lower abdominal muscles, a leftover from your pregnancies and something that cannot be corrected through diet and exercise alone.  You may benefit from a limited or mini-tummy tuck where the lower abdominal muscles below the navel are tightened and a limited amount of extra skin is removed.  Often liposuctioning is added to help contour and shape the results.  The only way to really be certain is to have a consultation and examination by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can advise if a mini-tuck may work for you  or if a full abdominoplasty(tummy tuck) is best.

I hope this helps and best of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Possibly based upon your posted photos but in person examination is better to see if an extended mini TT would solve these issues

Mini Tummy Tuck or a Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear Kat2:

You may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck if you are interested in flattening and tightening the lower aspect of your belly. A mini-tummy tuck does not remove as much skin as a full tummy-tuck, so it will not remove most the stretch marks that are present. The best way to find out if a mini-tummy-tuck is right for you is to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area, Good luck.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon