Would I be a good candidate for forehead reduction?

I hate feeling the need to try and hide it all the time.

Forehead Reduction in Men

+1

I have done forehead reductions, hairline lowering in men but the patient and surgeon must be careful. If the male patient has had any hair loss or a family history of baldness the incision may become exposed with future alopecia. With this technique we're not giving the patient new hair to shorten the forehead, we're just repositioning the hairline.

A forehead reduction would be a possibility for you.

+1

You do have a very high forehead, so a pretrichial forehead lift is a good option.  In this surgery, an incision is made in front of the hairline and a segment of forehead is removed.  If you move your forehead up and down with your fingers, you will see if there is any laxity in the forehead.  If there is NO laxity, you may not get much improvement as you won't be able to remove much forehead skin. Also, you will get a scar directly in front of the hairline, although this usually heals nicely if done correctly.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead reduction.

+1

If you are over 30, have never had any  hair  loss, and there is no family history of male pattern baldness, and have a flexible scalp, a forehead reduction could work for  you. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon