Would I Be a Good Candidate?

Before I actually go get a consultation I would like to see if I would even be a good candidate for the smart lipo. I am 5'6 and weigh 185, last check I had a BMI of 29. I am not very active and before having the procedure I would definitely be toning up my body. I just want to know for my height and not being the most athletic person in town, what would be the idea candidate as in weight, BMI, and activity level? Thanks!

Smartlipo liposculpture is a body shaping procedure

+1

Smartlipo liposculpture is a body shaping procedure. It is not a weight loss procedure and therefore is appropriate for patients who are not obese.

Chicago Dermatologist

Lipo and weight

+1

You ideally should get down to your goal weight before undergoing liposuction for stubborn areas of extra fatty tissue.

Liposuction is for focal fatty accumulation

+1

If you have a generalized overweight situation then liposuction, whether smartlipo or conventional tumescent liposuction, then liposuction is not the best treatment for you. If you are exercising and eating a healthy diet, then the volume of fat removed has the best chance of not returning.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Candidate for Smart Lipo

+1

Without a posted photo very hard to advise. I guess you are but I would recommend the Smart Lipo Triplex 40 watt unit ONLY. Very few docs have it. Check on Cynosure's web site. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Smart liposuction is not superior over traditional liposuction.

+1

Liposuction of any form is likely to achieve about 3-5 lbs of fat removal.

There are few if any valid studies which document the superiority of laser lipolysis over traditional liposuction.

Smart lipo is very time consuming on larger areas. 

I advise my patients to be at their ideal weight for at least 6 months before liposuction.

Not a good liposuction candidate

+1

Please understand that there is no magic about laser lipo (ie Smartlipo) in terms of shrinking your skin better than traditional tumescent lipo.  The fact is that at 185 you would not be a great candidate unless you had a few very specific high points rather than the "all overs."  The skin elasticity you have is probably not great and lipo doesn't work well in that setting.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS