Am I Good Candidate for Vaser Lipo?

I am interested in getting vaser lipo. I have worked extremely hard to lose weight in order to get a flat stomach, instead I was left with lose skin. I stomach is soft after losing 15 pounds. I am frustrated, because I dont know what to do to get a nice flat stomach and back. Would vaser lipo help me get to the next level? I dont need a lot of fat taken out, its more like shaping my body, is lipo what I need?

Indications for vaser liposuction (or any liposuction)

+1

There must be sufficient subcutaneous fat for any liposuction procedure, whether vaser, laser or classical liposuction to be of benefit.

No liposuction technology is of much benefit if the primary problem is loose skin. A small amount of excess fat can be removed if the patient so desires, but loose skin will remain. Skin tightening does not occur to a significant degree, although with laser liposuction and some other technologies a modest degree of skin tightening can occur.

The main reason to undergo a liposuction procedure is to remove diet and exercise resistant fat. If there is too much loose skin, then to achieve a tight, smooth appearance a tummy tuck is needed for the abdomen.
While an in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon will be necessary to truly answer your question, there does appear to be some fat in the lower abdomen, bra rolls and flanks that may benefit from liposuction, including vaser liposuction.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction for a flatter stomach

+1

In general Vaser lipo selection helps to smooth out the abdomen and hips through emulsification of the fat.  It requires less force and has been shown in select studies to heal with less bruising.  In my experience it works well for someone whom is young and healthy as an adjunct to a great diet and exercise.  It really provides a boost or jump start for the physic. It is hard to tell from pictures if the skin is loose.  If it is I often recommend considering an abdominoplasty or mini abdominoplasty to tighten the skin in a more predictable way than liposuction (Vaser or Laser) offers - if loose skin is of concern.  If the looseness of the skin is of no concern and size is the issue Liposuction is often all that is required to meet ones goals. Keep up the great work!

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon