Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Lip Lift? (photo)

I am planning on having rhinoplasty and probably cheek/tear trough implants or fat transfer as well. Post-nose job, it is likely that my nose will be shorter in the front view. I already have a thin top lip, and it seems my upper lip will be pretty long after this. My top teeth just barely show when my mouth is open and relaxed. Would I be a good candidate for a lip lift, and if not, maybe just an injectible filler (or both)? Thanks!

Lip lift at time of Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your photo and thoughts - you are a very good candidate for upper lip lift, which I would do at the time of your Rhinoplasty.  The scars will be hidden within the nostrils.  If you add volume to your upper lip (with fillers or fat) you will just achieve a fuller drooping upper lip.  You should also look at the balance of your nose and chin - I would recommend doing 3D imaging with the Canfield Vectra system, before you decide on surgery - this can give you a much better idea of what you would like to achieve with cheek enhancement, nose reshaping and chin augmentation.  I hope that this helps - good luck

London Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Lip Lift

+1

I am surprised to hear other respondents refer to a scar under your nose after a lip lift.  In my practice, I use Steve Hoefflin's technique of a nostril sill lip lift with darts into the nasal cavities.  My scars are honestly imperceptible and I believe I am a very critical observer. 

Along with the rhinoplasty, I would seriously consider an extended chin implant.  The chin and nose are kind of like peanut butter and jelly, they go together and your chin is definitely retrusive. 

I am sure there are excellent plastic surgeons out there who might consider lip lift and rhinoplasty at the same time, but I have found separating the two allows me to do a more accurate lip lift. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

+1

I would personally do my rhinoplasty first with fat transfer to the cheek. This will make a significant change in your face and you may not need the lip lift. The lip lift usually places poor scars under your nose that are visible. Sometimes you can get some improvement with lip augmentation.

Wait for lip lift

+1

Do the first operation to see how you look after 3 months. Than a ip lift if needed or try lip fillers.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Lip Lift in a Young Woman

+1

I personally think you should take a breather between procedures and critically evaluate what if anything is needed. A rhinoplasty will greatly improve your appearance. While the nose needs to be narrowed, you need to make sure it is not too foreshortened as this would make the face disharmonious. Fillers will not lift your lip but will likely "duck lip" them. If you accept the scar under the nose, then a lip lift, as the final procedure, may be for you.

Lip lift and your teeth

+1

If your top teeth barely show with smiling, it is most likely that a filler will only make this worse. A lip lift may provide you with some aesthetic improvement by allowing greater elevation of the central lip.