Would I Be a Good Candidate for Jaw Implants?

Would I be a good candidate for jaw implants? Pictures are attached.

Jaw implants and chin implants

+1

Based on your pictures, I can see that a chin implant could help you. Your chin is set back a little and a chin implant could bring more balance to your face. It will also help your neck laxity to a degree. Lateral jaw implants can masculinize your face and these are placed in front of your ear on your lateral jaw angle. It will widen your lower face. Below is a video for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw implants/

+1

You actually m ay be a good candidate for a chin implant. This will help bring out the weak chin that I see in your photos.

Yes a chin implant will give your face better balance.

+1

A chin implant will create harmony of the jaw with the other parts of your face. Chin implants are made of solid silicone and can create dramatic balance. They come in various sizes which you should discuss with your surgeon.

Jaw and chin implants

+1

The male aesthetic norm for chin position is a chin point that touches a tangent line between the mid nasal bridge & the edge of the upper lip. Additionally the male chin has a squared contour while the feminine contour is more rounded. The vertical length from the nose-upper lip junction to the chin point should be equal to the distance between the nose-upper lip junction & the upper edge of the eyebrow.

In your case that would mean you would benefit from forward chin augmentation but do not need vertical augmenation. The entire jaw line from chin to ear is not prominent so you have the option of augmenting the entire jaw. If you wish to do that I would suggest the Porex RZ jaw implants system. I prefer this system because the implants are porous so you can get vascular ingrowth into them. That helps prevent future position shifting of the implants. Also they can be heated just before placement to temporarily soften them up and allow a personalized form fit. That is assuming the alignment of your teeth is good.

Aaron Stone, MD