Would I Be a Good Candidate for U/L Abdominal, Waist and Flank Liposuction? (photo)

I have already received two consultations from board-certified plastic surgeons. Both informed me that liposuction would not provide enough of a result/change to be worth the money and recovery period. They both suggested forgoing the procedure and, instead, intensifying my exercise routines (my diet is already strict). If you do not agree with their assessments, then would you please indicate which type of liposuction procedure would be best for me? I appreciate any input you can provide!

Would I Be a Good Candidate for U/L Abdominal, Waist and Flank Liposuction?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. I would tend to agree with the plastic surgeons who have seen you in person. Sometimes, much better to avoid surgery than risk the complications associated with liposuction surgery… Be careful with your decision-making.

Liposuction flanks, abs

+1

It seems that you could improve your appearance with small/micro cannula liposuction, an office exam of the areas in question would be most helpful also...the results would not be as dramatic as in a heavier patient...only you can decide if a small improvement would be worth the cost and risks of surgery.  Find a surgeon who can show you before and after photos of someone with your anatomy...

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction can really make a great improvement in most patients.

+1

You are a great candidate for it. Liposuction under local tumescent anesthesia with the micro cannulas can make a great improvement in your shape and size. Most docs don't use or have the micro cannulas which you need.  Go to someone who specializes in lipo this way and you will get the results you are looking for. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction has the most variability in results of all plastic surgery procedures performed.  Yes, your physique is good, but I could still remove 2 liters or so, and this would move you to the next level.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo worth it for you?

+1

It sounds like you have agreement from two surgeons. Sounds like a reasonable thing, you look nice in the photos.

Liposuction in a slim woman

+1

Thank you for asking about liposuction for your abdomen and flanks.

1. You are very slim.
  2. Liposuction can be done but needs to be careful with small cannulas. 
  3. Find a plastic surgeon who can see things from your point of view,
  4. If the fullness is fat, liposuction should work well.
  5. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD