I'm a 29 yr old mother of 3. Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

Hello, Im a 29 yr old mother of 3. I had two c-sections and one natural birth and im done having children. Im 5' 7 and 179 lbs. would i be a good candidate for a tummy tuck based on my height, weight and pictures?

You look like a great candidate for abdominoplasty.

+2

You are likely an excellent candidate for abdominoplasty.  The issues you have of skin laxity and muscle laxity and the c-section scar cannot be fixed non-surgically.  You cannot exercise your skin and the muscle laxity is because of muscle separation and excercise won't fix that either. 

Abdominoplasty is a major operation and you will need to make sure you have plenty of help with your children for about 2 weeks after surgery and it will likely be 6 weeks before you get your energy level back.

My guess is that once you have fully recovered, you will be very pleased. 

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck???

+2

Thanks for your pictures.  An abdominoplasty addresses loose, excess skin of the abdomen from the level of the pubis to the umbilicus and it tightens laxity of the abdominal wall by bringing the rectus muscles back to the midline.  Additional procedures such as liposuction are used to contour adjacent areas such as the flanks, midback, and upper abdomen. 

You are a candidate for a tummy tuck.  You should also ask yourself if you are comfortable at your current weight.  If you would like to lose some more weight, go and do it.  If you are comfortable at your current weight, then go and see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Tummy Tuck Candidate

+2

Based on your description and photos, it appears that you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes on your search for a qualified plastic surgeon in your local area.

Gregory Park, MD

Excellent example of a candidate for abdominoplasty.

+2

The picture demonstrates a lax abdominal wall redundant skin and probably some subcutaneous fat. All of these issues can be addressed within abdominoplasty. My opinion you are an excellent candidate.

Tummy Tuck

+2

Based on your photos alone, I think you would benefit from a tummy tuck.   But I would need to review your past medical history and perform a physical exam to make any recommendations.  Please start by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon to start learning about your options. Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

+2

Looks like you are definitely ready for your Tummy Tuck. You are going to love the change it gives you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Candidate for a TT

+2

Hi Honeybee. From your phto's that you supplied I believe you are an excellent candidate even at your current weight. Your results ( less complications ) will be better and fewer if you can lose some weight , even 5 lb. Consult with a board certified ps. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+2

It looks like from the photos you provided, that there is some laxed or sagging skin of your abdomen and generally, a tummy tuck is the procedure to remove the excess skin and make the abdomen flatter. Having said that, a photo can only go so far, you would really need to consult with a PS to make a proper physical assessment and address your desires. All the best.

Alexander Golger, MD

Be sure to be close to your ideal weight before having a tummy tuck.

+1

Thank you for your photographs in question. I agree that you look like an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.

However you will achieve the best tummy tuck result if you are close to your ideal body weight. If you have a tummy tuck and then lose weight afterwards, the skin may re-sag

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

You look like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck now that you are finished having children and if you are in good health. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation. Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD