After 3 kids via c-section - Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

After 3 kids via c-section, I'm seriously considering getting a tummy tuck plus lipo and I was wondering if I'd be a good candidate? I don't have expectations to come out of surgery looking like a swim suit model, plus I like being curvy but I really hate my abdomen & how it hangs. Would a tummy tuck help me a considerable amount? Thank You!

Tummy tuck with hanging skin

I think you would love a tummy tuck.  Tha hanging skin won't be addressed any other way, and you have reasonable statements regarding the limitations of the procedure...I think most people like you are very happy with their results!

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Yes, from the picture it looks like you would benefit from a tummy tuck.  The procedure would remove your excess skin and stretch marks.  Of course, before deciding on surgery, you would need to have a full evaluation to make sure you are a good surgical candidate regardless of the procedure planned.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Am I a good candidate for a TT?

Based on your history and photos it appears that you would be a real good candidate for a TT. This would elimintae the excess abdominal skin and rolls. If you are not contemplating on having any more children then I would suggest that you consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon for a TT. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy Tuck Procedure

Three children can certainly drastically change the appearance of your body.  Judging by your photos, you look like you would be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure and you also have realistic expectations of the results.  The loose skin can be address (removed) as well as some muscle tightening done to firm up and flatten out your belly.  I think you will be very happy with the results of this procedure.  Hope this helps!

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Candiate for tummy tuck.

You appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck. The hanging skin will be removed and the roundness of the tummy would be reduced nicely by muscle tightening during the procedure. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description, at some point, you may be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery. Much will depend on your physical examination and a full communication of your goals.
 In the meantime, I would suggest that you continue to work on your weight loss program; having the procedure done when you have a reached a long-term stable weight will help minimize complications and potentially minimize the need for further surgery in the future.
When the time is right, meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

Tummy Tuck Candidate

You are absolutely a candidate for a tummy tuck.  The excess skin would be addressed with flattening of the abdomen and bringing in the waistline. Hope this helps.

Peter J. Simon, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Dear Emmy, Thank you for the question. It seems from the photos that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. You will benefit from the removal of the lower skin fold and all the stretch marks below your belly button, as well as muscle tightening to reduce the upper abdominal bulge. Best of luck...

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

yes you are a good candidate. You have hanging skin and fat that needs to be excised and you have upper abdominal bulging consistent with a diastasis recti

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Post-pregnancy tummy

Thank you for your question and photographs.  While the photos are certainly no substitute for a good physical exam, it appears that a tummy tuck would help improve your abdominal contour.  The tummy tuck procedure will remove the lower hanging skin and stretch marks below the belly button and will help flatten your abdominal wall.  You would probably benefit from some ancillary liposuction as well to help contour your hips and flanks.  Two things to consider prior to proceeding with surgery are the age of your children and the stability of your weight.  Postoperatively, you will have significant weight-lifting restrictions that will limit your ability to pick up young children.   With regards to weight stability, you will get a better result if you are close to your ideal body weight. Complication rates increase in overweight patients and the aesthetic results are generally not as good.  If you were to proceed with a tummy tuck and then lose more weight, you may end up with more loose skin in the abdomen.  Be sure to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon and make sure you express your concerns and have all of your questions answered. Good luck!