Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Second Tummy Tuck?

My first tummy tuck was 15 years ago and after gaining weight and losing it I'm unhappy with my stomach. Just want to know if I would be a good candidate and also would I have an additional scar from my bb?

Revision tummy tuck can provide a good result

+1

Thank you for the question.  A tummy tuck is designed to remove skin and soft tissue in order to correct excess laxity.  If you have redeveloped skin and soft tissue laxity another tummy tuck may be a good option.  I would not worry about the location of the current belly button location as if this is closed properly it will be a barely visible incision vertically in the midline above your pubic area.

Dr Remus Repta

Second tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question. The best way to address you question is with in person consultation. Generally speaking weight fluctuation will affect the results of tummy tuck. Revision or second tummy tuck can be done to remove the excess skin, tighten the muscles and improve the midsection. Best wishes. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

2nd Tummy Tuck?

+1

The majority of people never have a 2nd Tummy Tuck.  If you have excess skin, due to weight gain and lost, you may be a candidate for one.  Discuss this with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Skin laxity determines a second tummy tuck

+1

A second tummy tuck is not very common, though with weight gain and loss, skin excess may make you a candidate for a 'second' tummy tuck. The type of scar will depend on how the skin laxity is best reduced. If the skin is loose, a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon is the way to begin.

To be a tummy tuck candidate you need to have loose excess skin on your abdomen

+1

Ginger, whether or not you had a tummy tuck in the past doesn't really matter.  What matters is whether or not you enough excess skin on your abdomen that can be removed safely.  If you can gather the skin in your hands then you probably can.  PIctures would be helpful.  Seeing a board certified plastic surgeon is the best way to answer your question.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD