I'm 21yr old, during the past few years I've went from weighing 250 to 150 pounds. Would I be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

I'm currently 21. During the past few years I've went from weighing 250 to 150 pounds. But with the weight loss came MANY stretch marks and loose skin. I've already started saving because I do want some type of cosmetic procedure to fix my stomachs appearance sometime soon. I was wondering if I would be a good candidate for a tummy stuck or mini tummy tuck? When I bend over the loose skin is even more apparent. I was wondering about the price range and the most likely best procedure.

Removing excess skin from massive weight loss surgery usually requires a tummy tuck

+1
Great job on the weight loss!  I frequently perform body contouring procedures on massive weight loss patients.  This usually involves a tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck, or circumfirential tummy tuck depending upon the amount of skin to be removed.  I would need to see you in consultation to give you the exact procedure as well as costs.  Check out the website below for more information, including before and after photos.

Kind regards,

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate? Lost 100 lbs.

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss!  Generally, the loss of 100 pounds means so much extra skin that only a full tummy tuck will give the best result.  Ironically, as people become healthier, and lose that kind of weight, the extra skin is the result.  A full tummy tuck is typically a good trade, but the trade involves significant recovery and scars.  Only you can decide if that trade is worth is for you.  Get some good referrals from doctors and trusted friends or family in seeking a plastic surgeon to evaluate you in person.  Best of luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

+1
Usually a full tummy tuck will produce the best result after massive weight loss, but pictures or an exam would be necessary to confirm.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Tummy tuck after massive weight loss

+1
Congratulations on the weight loss. Certainly anybody who loses 100 pounds will have excess skin. I believe you will need a full tummy tuck to deal with the excess skin and muscle laxity that goes with weight loss of this magnitude. An exam by a board certified plastic surgeon will give you many answers, as well as understanding the cost and down time any surgery will require.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

A full tummy tuck is usually the best option after 100 pound weight loss

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss that is fantastic.You need an in person examination and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to properly answer your question.  Next.  That said however after 100 pound weight loss a full tummy tuck is usually required.  A mini tummy tuck will most likely simply pull your belly button down and will not remove as many of the stretch marks.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck after weight loss

+1
You would be a very good candidate for tummy tuck.  The procedure required could not be determined without an in-person consultation.  In all likelihood the mini-tuck would not be appropriate as it could leave you with what is called a "Muffin Top" in lay terms.  Since you have not had children, a panniculectomy, which removes the excess skin but does not address the musculature, may be an excellent solution.  The price will vary based on the estimated length of the procedure.  Come and see me in the office for a free consultation!  Congratulations on the amazing weight loss! Dr. Kraft

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Congratulations on the weight loss. Like many people who have significant weight loss you are left with excess skin. The only way to get rid of the skin is by excising it. Unfortunately nothing can really be said about your specific case without seeing you. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Tummy Tucks and Loose Skin

+1
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is a procedure for men or women with excess fat or loose lower abdominal skin that is resistant to diet or exercise. Women who have excess skin, fat or bulging in the lower abdomen are candidates for a Tummy Tuck. Like excess skin and stretch marks, stretched out muscles will not retighten with aggressive diet and exercise. A Tummy Tuck corrects these concerns by tightening the abdominal muscles creating a firmer flatter abdomen and by removing the excess skin and fat creating a thinner abdominal profile. Liposuction is sometimes used in a conservative manner with a Tummy Tuck to assist with sculpting the waist line further. 

Christopher G. Williams, MD
Lone Tree Plastic Surgeon