Would I Be a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty for a More Refined Nose? (photo)

I feel like just the front of my nose is too circular, i'd like a more "pixie" or "refined nasal tip" look. But I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks!

Tip rhinoplasty surgery usually takes an experienced surgeon!

+1

You did not send profile photos, so it is difficult to accurately make statements about your nose overall, but you do seem to have a broad tip and a tip rhinoplasty is a good option for you. Mastery of the nasal tip is one of the most difficult aspects of rhinoplastic surgery, so choose your surgeon wisely!

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty refinements for the "pixie" nose

+1

As other rhinoplasty surgeons have stated, it's difficult to determine if you're an appropriate rhinoplasty candidate on photographs alone. Reducing the size of the nostrils, tip, or bridge might be able to achieve your desired results of refinement. A closed rhinoplasty without external incisions would be possible. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Limited Rhinoplasty

+1

After reviewing the pictures you submitted tip narrowing and refinement is probably all you need to improve the appearance of your nose. Be careful to select an experienced surgeon because your thin skin will make this a technically demanding procedure -  any irregularities of the tip cartilage would be obvious post-operatively.

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

You are astute to put both a photo on without smiling and one with smiling.  Your concern seems to be more noticeable when smiling.  Refinement of the tip, which is possibly a good option for you based on the two photos here, may also require  refinement of the base of your nose (nostrils) to have better width proportion relative to your mouth and the rest of your nose. Other factors in nasal proportions may be discussed during an examination.  Best Regards,  RB

Ramin Behmand, MD

Candidate for #Rhinoplasty

+1

From your photos, your nose looks significantly different from when you are at rest vs when you are smiling. Many people see a widening of the nose when smiling that isn't present at rest. Often they will bring in photos of what they dont like. However, if your nose only looks bad smiling (and ok at rest) correcting the issues when smiling can make the nose look unbalanced at rest. Unfortunately, we spend much more of our time not smiling than the reverse. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, etc.

+1

Your tip can be refined but because your skin is very thin it should be done by a very experienced  rhinoplasty surgeon with a tissue covering.

Tip rhinoplasty is a very good procedure in selected patients.

+1

The photo demonstrates a prominent tip that can be improved by adjusting the tip cartilages.  The middle and upper thirds of the nose look fine so the operation can be limited to just the tip.

Would I Be a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty for a More Refined Nose?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the nasal tip could be more refined, thinned and rotated upward with a Tip-plasty and would not require a complete Rhinoplasty.  This means a shorter surgery and quicker recovery.  Hope this helps.

Nasal Tip Reshaping for Cosmetic Improvement

+1

I would agree with your own assessment that rhinoplasty surgery would be beneficial in giving you a more refined nasal tip appearance. The lighting in the photos is suboptimal to accurately evaluate the rest of your nose. But nasal tip reshaping is a good starting point. You might need to have the nasal bridge reshaped as well to achieve a more harmonious result. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon