Would I Be a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty and Canthroplexy Surgery? (photo)

I'm currently 16 and I been planing on getting my nose done since I was 11. By 18 I hope I can get the procedures done. I want a rhinoplasty because I wish to have a more prominent nose bridge and smaller nostrils, that will hopefully give me a more older, mature look rather than a young kiddish look that I naturally have. I also want canthroplexy so my eyes can have a more oriental look, I am part Asian but I don't LOOK Asian. The problem I have is whether my expectations are realistic or not.

Afro-american ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

Cost constraints aside I cannot see why you could not have nasal surgery by the time you are 18. You will need a cartilage graft or implant to raise the bridge. The nostril narrowing will require some combination of thinning of the rims and removal of a wedge of skin from the inner lower part of each nostril. I do not think I would recommend a canthopexy based on the picture you posted though.
I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Ethnic - African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Asa,

Ethnic-African American rhinoplasty is probably the most challanging procedures in plastic surgery. Make sure you find someone with lots of experience. I have a dedicated website to African American Rhinoplasty that you can look at below. As far as your eyes go and a canthopexy, I would be cautious with that. The look your looking for in your eyes has alot to do with your facial bony structure around your eyes and a canthopexy will probably not achieve the look you want. Most surgeons would probably not suggest canthopexy because of your age and lower eyelid structure.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS