Would I Be a Good Candidate for Revision to Rid Myself of my Old Belly Button Vertical Scar? (photo)

I recently had a tummy tuck. I have great skin laxity.. I discussed that I wanted my old belly button gone completely but woke up and have vertical scar, can even still see my old piercing from belly button to the side of the vertical scar. Other than that I'm overall fairly satisfied with the results and have highly reputable board certified surgeon. I do not want a higher vertical scar to correct this. I would be very happy if more skin could be pulled down and evened out with current scar.

Tummy tuck revision to eliminate vertical scar

+2

We cannot tell by the photo alone, but our hunch is that you have the remaining laxity to eliminate the short 'T' without a significant rise in the scar line. If it would make you very happy, it might be worth looking in to.

Tummy tuck revision and correction of scar

+1

Tummy tuck revision can be performed once the skin has enough laxity to be pulled down.  It appears as though you still have residual swelling, so I would wait a little longer. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Would I Be a Good Candidate for Revision to Rid Myself of my Old Belly Button Vertical Scar?

+1

Typically, at about one year following tummy tuck, additional skin can be removed to improve the result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and tummy tuck revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Removing Vertical Scar after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Yes, it is very likely, depending on physical examination and skin elasticity, that the vertical scar can be removed at some point.

Revision to remove old vertical belly button scar.

+1

Given the photos you have provided it seems like a reasonable request. The laxity at the scar level (not where you are pinching in the photo) is the key indicator. As you heal and time goes by, the skin will relax and this revision can often be performed under local anesthesia in the office. Contact your plastic surgeon to see if you are ready for this revision.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Questions about umbilical shape following an abdominoplasty

+1

Your questions are of a more technical nature and are best answered by your surgeon.  There are many approaches to remove the excess skin during an abdominoplasty.   It does appear that there is some excess skin along with multiple stretch marks around the umbilicus.  During an abdominoplasty the existing umbilicus is not removed.  

Revise belly button

+1

If there is enough laxity then you could pull that vertical incision down and get rid of it.Your surge n should be able to determine this ahead of time.o

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Revision Abdominoplasty

+1

Personally speaking, when I perform full abdominoplasty procedures I give my patients a new belly button. There will be a small scar around the belly button but that is the way I get rid of the excess skin above the belly button. Speak to your surgeon about your issue and I'm sure they will be happy to work with you. Best of luck!

Jeffrey Hartog, MD