Good Candidate for Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm 16 and wondering if I would be a good candidate for a nonsurgical rhinoplasty. I am looking to possibly make the slight appearance of a thinner nose and to create a more defined tip with a lift. sorry about the bad quality photos!

The Difference Between Nonsurgical and Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question and photos. Narrowing of your nasal tip requires reshaping of the underlying cartilages, to make them a bit flatter and narrower. This is achieved with a combination of suture techniques and possible cartilage grafting. There is no nonsurgical way to correct a bulbous tip, so a rhinoplasty would be your best option.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty (nonsurgical nosejob) involves injection of fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, and Radiesse in the nose. There are several applications for nonsurgical rhinoplasty. First, the filler can be placed in flatter noses to give the patient a higher bridge. Secondly, noses which are crooked can be made to appear straighter with placement of filler on one side or the other. Also, if patients have an indentation in the nose, either naturally or related to prior surgery or trauma, this can be corrected. Lastly, a small hump along the bridge can be camouflaged with placement of filler above and below it.

I would recommend that you consult with surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty in order to get the results you are seeking.

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Refinement with Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip refinement is best accomplished with rhinoplasty not with fillers and a nonsurgical approach.  The results are long lasting and far more satisfying to the patient.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear candyfloss16,

• You can get a thinner bridge and slightly more definition at the tip, but not as much as you would with a surgical rhinoplasty
  • Fillers can be placed in the nose, but only very conservatively or else the nose will look too big
  • When you are ready, please see someone who does both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty so you can get the pros and cons of each

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Non surgical rhinoplasty will not refine tip.

+1

Hi.

The problem with your nose is a somewhat round tip, and the only way to fix this is with a good surgical nose job.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your photos. There is no need to apologize! You are very pretty. You have a very good nose. Now to get it thinner, the tip for defined:  

• a non-surgical rhinoplasty can raise the top of your nose, making your nose took thinner by making it taller. But I don't think that is the look you want.
  • You might do best with a tip rhinoplasty
  • If your parents agree, consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or a Board Certified ENT surgeon to know all your options.

Hope this helps!

Based on your photos and your concerns, you do not appear to be a suitable candidate for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Treatments.

+1

If you're looking to achieve a narrower nose and a refined, less bulbous nasal tip, you may need to consider Rhinoplasty Surgery. Injectable fillers would not enable you to achieve these goals.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.