Good Candidate for Natural Results? Small Breast Base, Wide Chest, Minimal Breast Tissue. (photo)

I am 5'9", 140, with a muscular frame. Wide-set breasts, small breast base, minimal natural breast tissue. I originally wanted saline under the muscle, but I went for a consultation, and he said I would have issues with ripping while standing and leaning forward. He recommended mod+ profile silicone gel under the muscle. He commented about my wide chest and small breast base being a concern. He also said he'd have to lower my fold. Am I even a good candidate for a breast augmentation?

Breast Implant Size for Natural Results

+1
All patients should have breast implants placed in a sub-pectoral position. Biodimensional planning will help determine the ideal size , shape and placement of the breast implant. For some women, lowering the inframammary fold will make the result look more natural. Even small implants can look  unnatural.   Take your time selecting your surgeon. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Implants under Muscle in Thin Patients

+1

Using silicone implants and placing them under the muscle is appropriate in thin women with very little breast tissue.  With regard to lowering the fold, if the NAC to IMF distance is short, this is exactly what needs to be done.

Candidate for breast implants

+1

Very few patients are what I say are a "chip shot," straight forward case. While you soudn like a good candidate for implants, the only way to properly evaluate you is by seeing you in person and performing an exam and discussing your goals.  Without that it is impossible to say what is best.

Good candidate for breast augmentation?

+1

All of the features you mention are common in breast augmentation patients. It makes sense as these are patients who typically are unhappy with their breasts. In smaller breasted patients, silicone does give a nicer result with less rippling and softer implants. I would take solace in the fact that your surgeon is pointing out the issues with your breasts before surgery. A key component to a satisfactory breast augmentation is keeping the implant dimensions within the boundaries of your breasts. Sometimes this means smaller implants than what you would ideally want, but it also means a better looking augmentation with less complication.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Don't recommend lowering your breast fold

+1

Although it is difficult to give you a precise answer without a physical examination, in general I do not recommend lowering breast fold except for cases of severe asymmetry or in breast reconstruction. Lowering breast folds often sets the stage for major long term problems.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I can tell you that there is nothing about your plastic surgeon's  recommendations that seem to be unreasonable.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast augmentation with a toned body

+1

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photos along with your post.

Without a physical consultation, it is not possible to provide you with a solid advise.

Nonetheless, the "natural" look is often the result of a sub-pectoral placement of the implants.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and implant selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implants

+1

you will be better served with the silicone implants since there is not as much coverage for the superior pole. Otherwise sizing is the key to a great result.. You are tall and thin. Should look great with the implants!!

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

AM I even a good candidate for breast augmentation?

+1

Hi,

I don't have much good news for you .Implants look great when there is some good soft tissue is available to cover them.In your case I don't see such tissue and to expect great results perhaps may not be the right way to think.For sure you have to do breast augmentation looking at the images but after the surgery comparing yourself with other images on net or of celebrities will not be right.Its not my preference to operate  under such situations specially if I see patient is a  demanding one.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon