I Wonder If I Would Be A Good Candidate For A Mommy Makeover?

I am 34 yrs old. 5' 6" and 128 lbs. I have had 2 very large babies and gained approximately 65lbs during my pregnancies...ugh. I have a very long torso. I do have some separation of my abdominal muslces (approx. 1-2 finger width) Majority of my loose skin is directly above and below my bellybutton. I am concerned that I might not have enough loose skin to stretch all the way down to get a nice scar below the bikini line?

+1
It appears that you would do well with a mommy makeover procedure.  Your surgeon can assist you in understanding where the final scar line should end up within reason.  I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Good Candidate For A Mommy Makeover?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your description and pictures, it seems like you may be an excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery.

Generally, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is medically/psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Mommy Makeover Candidate

+1

You appear to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover, one of the most patient pleasing procedures done! If you are finished having children, see 2 or 3 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in consultation to find one you feel most comfortable with, look at many before and after pictures to see the type of results you can expect. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

+1

The reason you don't think your skin will reach is because you are not familiar with how the surgery is done. There is no problem getting a great result provided you go to an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. The scar is dependent on various factors and this also needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Usually your skin can be closed without the need to remove sutures or staples. It also appears from your photo you will need a breast enlargement and no lift.

William Aiello, MD

Newport Beach CA

William Aiello, MD

Yes

+1

You should benefit from a breast augmentation and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). Your abdominal skin and abdominal wall are lax. Liposuction is not an option. There is a slight chance that a small vertical scar may be necessary between the lower incision and the current umbilicus (belly Button), should the upper incision not meet the lower one. This is unlikely but something to keep in mind. All and all it would be a great improvement for you!

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Mommy Makeover

+1

It does appear that you would be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. It will help reshape your body. You do want to make sure that you are finished having children before undergoing these procedures. When you are ready, I would recommend a visit with a Board certified plastic surgeon who can answer your questions and inform you of the details regarding the procedures. Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, you have enough skin to perform the tummy tuck, and you will have a very nice result in the right hands. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Yes but only IN PERSON evaluations are needed to discuss and examine you for these operations. Good luck.

Mommy Makeover

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you would likely be a good candidate for a mommy makeover to restore your breast volume and tighten up your tummy after having kids. Please start with a formal consultation with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Looks like you are an excellent candidate!

+1

Thanks for your pics and ? I do think that you would be a great candidate for a procedure that addressed that abdomen and the breasts. A standard abdominoplasty will treat the diastasis (widened muscles). It looks like you have enough skin to stretch, but this can only be determined in person on exam. To re-establish the volume loss following pregnancy an implant would be helpful. It does not look like you would need a lift. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD