Would I Be a Good Candidate for Lower and Possibly Upper Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I have had darkness under my eyes for my entire life and in the past few years have developed heavy bags particularly under my right eye. It bothers me more so from a profile view. I am only 26 years old and am not sure if I am rushing in to this but people constantly comment on how I look tired and one even thought I was punched in the eye.

No surgery needed

+2

In my opinion from looking at your pictures you do not need either an upper or lower blepharoplasty. Your upper lids look fine. You have a prominent muscle roll just below your eyelashes on your lower lids. You might be able to soften this with a filler to transition better to the skin below.  Good luck

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Eyelid Surgery?

+1

From looking at your pics, I do not believe you need either upper or lower blepharoplasty.  Instead, your pictures show a lack of volume in the lower eyelid/cheek transition area...the "tear trough".  You also have lack of volume in your cheeks.  A minimally invasive approach, would be to add volume with a hyaluronic acid based filler such as Juvederm or Restylane.  This can be done in the office without much downtime.  In our office we use microcannulas, instead of needles to inject the fillers.  This leads to less pain, swelling, and bruising after the procedure.  I suggest you follow up for an in office consultation.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will I benefit from blepharoplasty?

+1

Your upper eyelid folds are slightly asymmetric (left lower) mainly because of the left brow being positioned lower than the right, a fairly common finding.  Don't think you need upper blepharoplasty, maybe Botox to raise the left brow slightly. Lower lid:  you have a hypertrophic muscular band under the eyelashes, as well as "shaded" area in the tear-trough groove which is commonly a combination of hyperpigmented skin and soft tissue depression creating a shade. I would recommend first to try Botox to the muscle band, filler to the tear-trough area, and bleeching skin products to lighten it up. There is still a role for lower lid blepharoplasty, but I would try less invasive options first.  Good luck.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Blepharoplasty? No

+1

You are not a candidate for an upper or a lower lid Blepharoplasty, at least not in my practice.   Botox/ Dysport and potentially a filler like Restylane or Belotero may be beneficial, but only an exam would determine that.  Good luck.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye Surgery

+1

You have extra and bulging muscle in the lower eyelid, I would suggest since you are young try a little botox to soften that muscle. Surgically this is hard to correct as you need that muscle to close your eye.

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition

+1

Although filler injection is an option to fill the hollowness beneath your lower eyelid bags, you are a better candidate for transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition (where the fat bags are moved lower to fill the hollowness area underneath it).  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon