Am I Good Candidate for Liposuction? (photo)

I'm a 20 yr old woman I've had one c-section. I'm 5'6 150lbs I've lost 15lbs dieting & exercising but I cannot get rid of this stubborn belly fat & love handles. I'm really looking into getting lipo done but I'm confused about all teh different types Smart lipo, vaser, PAL, ultrasonic, tumescent lipo, etc & if I'm a good candidate for this surgery. I want to do my entire stomach, love handles & back. Thanks.

Candidate for Liposuction

+2

You will most likely have some benefit from liposuction, but an examination would be important in your assessment.  It appears that much of what might be bothering you may be due to loose skin and a stretched abdominal wall from your pregnancy.  Damaged skin with stretchmarks has less capacity to shrink and tighten with liposuction. It is more important to find a qualified board certified surgeon to perform your liposuction than the actual technique. I would think that having it done under general anesthesia would allow for more thorough and precise removal of fat. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to assess the actual excess fat present and whether your expectations can be realistically be met.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Different types of liposuction

+2
Judging from your pictures you don't need to lose any more weight to get a great result from liposuction! The way the fat is removed is far less important than who removes it. I have never been a fan of liposuction under local anesthesia because it is more difficult to be aggressive. Non-surgeons will claim general anesthesia is dangerous but that is a statement based on ignorance. Get two or three opinions from experienced board certified plastic surgeons and choose the one who makes sense to you! Anyone who touts a particular technology as being the only way to go is blowing smoke up your skirt! Good luck!
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Weight for Liposuction

+2

You are doing the right thing to consider all your options. Congratulations on losing the fifteen pounds. For your height and age, you should weight around 130 pounds. Since you are carrying at least fifteen extra pounds, liposuction probably should be put off another six months. 

Liposuction, no matter what type, will not help you lose those fifteen pounds. If you had it done now, you might see a temporary improvement in some areas, but probably not be totally happy with the results.

Regarding the different types, it is no wonder that you are confused. Every year there seems to be something new and better so people unknowingly think it is the best when in fact it is mainly just an advertising ploy. The different types are just tools so the results depend more on the skill of the person doing the liposuction than on whether or which laser they use. 

I suggest you continue to do your research and concentrate on tumescent liposuction using the small micro-cannulas. You will get best results and the highest level of safety.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

If you are confused about all the new terms for liposuction, you can forget them all if you find an experienced surgeon.

+1

If you are confused about all the new terms for liposuction, you can forget them all if you find an experienced surgeon. There are many instruments available for liposuction surgeons to use. Experienced surgeons choose instruments they are comfortable with, and that provide the best results. On the other hand some doctors try to market themselves as having unique methods that somehow set them apart. I frequently lecture along with other highly experienced liposuction surgeons, and we continue to agree that liposuction under local anesthesia with small instruments remains the gold standard.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on your history and picture, I would be very careful if I were you.  Depending on what your goals are you may be very disappointed with the results of liposuction surgery.  Much of what I would recommend will depend on direct physical examination.  For example, because of your pregnancy and previous C-section it is possible that you will require a tummy tuck procedure to achieve your goals.  Although liposuction surgery may sound like a better option ( less invasive)  it may leave you dissatisfied with your surgical results.

Nothing ( including online consultation)  will replace  direct physical examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Remember, it is often better to have no surgery performed then to be disappointed with a poor result.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Tumescent Liposuction

+1

You seem to be a great candidate for liposuction, tumescent and ultrasound lipo.

abdomen, flanks, back.

Abdomen and hips would look good with the tumescent lipo with micro cannulas.

+1

You would do great with the tumescent lipo under local with the micro cannulas for the full abdomen and hips for roughly $5-6000 on special and be back to work in 2 days and exercising in 1 week.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon