Would I Be a Good Candidate for Lip Augmentation And/or Rhinoplasty (photo)

I posted a similar question but included some before pics. All responses were referencing the before and not the after pics so I'm posting again omitting them. Had a rapid expansion and Lefort on my upper jaw, and a mandibular advancement to correct some jaw issues as well as a fat transfer to my upper lip. My nose and nostrils have widened significantly and my lips are uneven when I smile. In addition, my teeth barely show at rest. What are my options? These are my after pics. Thanks!

Previous Question

Rhinoplasty and Lip Augmentation

+2

It is common for a Le Fort advancement to result in widening of the base of the nose. This can result in the need for a rhinoplasty to correct the problems that may not have been present before surgery. As for your lip asymmetry, this can be corrected with fat or fillers depending upon your choice, but the amount of upper tooth "show" will likely be diminished if you enlarge your lips. Something to consider as you proceed. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area as well as someone comfortable with fat grafting to understand your options. You must take into consideration some of the consequences before proceeding so you make the best decision.

Vincent Marin, MD

Nose and lip improvement

+2
Congratulations upon successfully completing your complex orthognathic treatment. Narrowing the base of your nose, adjusting dental show, and improving lip symmetry are comparatively straightforward. These are specific issues and fine adjustments best addressed in personal consultation, difficult to be so precise online. Consider seeing the doc who did the fat transfer, as this has probably laid the foundation for at least some of the lip situation.

Steve Laverson, MD

Rhinoplasty and Lip Augmentation

+1
I'm not sure much if at all of a lip lift is indicated, unless the
attempt is to create a bit more symmetry and a conservative amount of
more upper teeth show.  For the nose, it may make sense to do a
conservative Weir nostril narrowing procedure.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation and Rhinoplasty

+1

Additional fat injection can be done conservatively to improve your uneven lips  - Fat will last a lot longer than the fillers. Your nasal base can be narrowed. I cannot tell from the pictures submitted if any other tip refinement  should be considered.

Lip augmentation & rhinoplasty

+1

I do think you are a good candidate for additional lip augmentation (looks like the fat partially resorbed resulting in slight asymmetry) to improve your symmetry, but this would likely decrease your dental show.  It appears that a rhinoplasty to narrow the base of the nose and decrease some bulbosity would give you a noce result as well.  That said, online photographs are not an adequate substitute for a physical exam in person so it is impossible to say for sure.  Good luck!

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and lip augmentation

+1

It is impossible to detail what procedures would be best for you.  However, for thin lips and asymmetry, various fillers and fat can be used to augment the lips and correct asymmetry.  The timing depends on how long ago the fat was injected and when your maxillary surgery was done.  A widened tip can be corrected with various techniques.  Your pictures show some modest issues that can be addressed by a competent rhinoplastic surgeon.  

Best luck!

David Alessi, MD

Rhnoplast and lip augmentaion

+1

Thank you for the pictures. Although, I would prefer if you added more profile and inferior  pictures to evaluate the general lateral facial alignment and your nose and lips in specific.

You have two concerns, the first is your nose, and that definitely will be helped by rhinoplasty to narrow the nostril openings with weird resection. The profile picture will be adding More detailed information and that will support teh ideal if you need more work to be done..

The second concern you have about the asymmetry in your  lips.  Indeed , the left side have more fullness.  And I Think lip augmentation will help your issues and that  can be done surgically,  which what I recommend  as it gives a permenant results ,or nonsurgical using fillers or even fat injection to fill both lips on each side and correct the asymmetry.The best.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon