Am Good Candidate for Chin Liposuction with a Liquid Chin Implant? (photo)

I noticed recently that when I tilt my chin down I'm getting a large accumulation of fat and extra skin underneath my chin and in my lower cheeks when I look at a picture from front I still look okay but from the side I don't like the way my profile looks. I am in good shape at the correct weight for my height but I feel like my lower face is aging me. I don't really want to have a facelift yet I am hoping for results with chin Liposuction and possibly a liquid chin implant with Radiesse.

Chin Liposuction and neck contouring

+1

It is possible that you may benefit from submental (under the chin) liposuction.  A profile view looking straight ahead (and of course a physical exam) would be very helpful to further determine if you also need tightening of either the platysma (neck muscle under the chin), the skin and/or a soft semi-solid silicone chin implant.  Liquid fillers can help you decide if you like the look of chin augmentation but they are not stable, can migrate, and melt away usually within a year or two at most.  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Chin liposuction options

+1

Chin liposuction can address excess fat along the chin, neck, and jawline.  The procedure provides longterm results for neck rejuvenation.  I would also recommend a Radiesse chin augmentation as a suitable alternative to chin augmentation. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Neck- lift and chin implant

+1

A neck lift will address removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle, as well as tightening of the platysma muscle in the front of the neck. This will give a new contour to the anterior jawline. and neck left will not address any loose skin.  The chin implant is a permanent, Silastic implant and its inserted through the same  submental incision  placed directly over the bone. Both  surgeries are done at the same time under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Please see the link below for examples of a neck lift with chin implant procedures we have performed on patient's in our practice

Am Good Candidate for Chin Liposuction with a Liquid Chin Implant?

+1

It is possible that liposuction with tightening of the platysma muscle (beneath the chin) would be adequate to tighten your neck. You would need to be seen in person to determine if your skin is likely to contract enough following the procedure. Liposuction and platysmaplasty would definitely create improvement, the question being if that amount of improvement would be enough to achieve your goals. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

From the pictures it is a bit difficult to determine what would be the best procedures to achieve your goals.   The two procedures you suggest are not unreasonable, and I perform them frequently.  However, skin and muscle laxity may be issues that need to be addressed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA