Would I Be a Good Candidate for Cheek Implants and Asian Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm bothered by my blunt nose tip and my flat face.My PS said I could remove my buccal fat which would make my cheekbones pop out more or I could get cheek implants. I'm just worried these implants may look unnatural on my face and I decided on not getting a buccal fat removal because I'm only 21 and don't know if I may lose more fat in the future. My doctor suggested augmentation rhinoplasty but I don't want to end up with a pinocchio nose. Would I also need chin implants for balance?

Would I Be a Good Candidate for Cheek Implants and Asian Rhinoplasty?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the nasal tip is a bit wide, the cheeks are flat making the face appear elongated.  The nasal bridge height is appropriate aesthetically, for the face and does not need to be elevated.  Cheek Implants would soften the face making it more naturally attractive whie a Rhinoplasty could be used to refine and thin the nasal tip.  Hope this helps.

Computer Imaging To Sort Out Rhinoplasty and Cheek and Chin Implant Options

+1

The best way to answer whether any of these potential procedures are aesthetically beneficial for your face is through computer imaging. While facial computer imaging is not a guarantee of results, it can be very useful to help you sort through the various changes to see which would benefit you the most.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cheek Implants, Chin Implant and nasal Tip Refinement

+1

Cheek implants, a chin implant, and refinement of your "blunt" nasal tip will significantly improve your facial proportions and improve facial definition. I cannot comment on the rest of your nose without a profile view. Find an experienced surgeon who shows you natural results in all these procedures. I agree with you that buccal fat removal is the least advantageous procedure for the reasons you stated. Do your homework so you can achieve your reasonable goals.   

+1

Try first the maseteric muscle with few quantity of botulinum toxin, the face will look thinner. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants and rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos do not allow assessment of your chin because none of them are a true side view. The front view shows significant asymmetry with the right upper and midface bone base much smaller than that on the left and the right lower face bone base slightly smaller than the left. I would think building up the base with implants would be better than removing buccal fat and may require different sized cheek implants for the left and right sides. Your dental alignment is not clear in the photos but if you have a large underbite the appropriate surgery would be jaw surgery not cheek implants.

I am curious why you only posted right oblique views and not left oblique views. Is that because you like the right side more or less than the left?

I am not sure augmenting your nasal bridge is a good or best option. A true side view would make that a clearer choice. If you just want the tip less round and more refined a tipplasty may be all that is required.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Cheek Implants and Buccal Fat

+1

Hi,

From these pictures I would  agree that buccal fat extraction and cheek implants is the right way to go. I would make sure your surgeon knows how to place cheek implants, this is the most important aspect to ensure the implants look natural, do not dislodge and last a long time.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS