Would I be a good candidate for breast reduction?

I'm 24 years old 5'7 and I weigh 200 my bra size is 40 DDD my neck and back hurts all the time if I'm standing for periods of time.. I keep heat rashes under and between my breast

Breast reduction candidate

+1
It sounds like you are a good candidate for breast reduction surgery.  I suggest you consult with a plastic surgeon who is an expert in breast reduction surgery to determine your best options.  Good luck. 

Candidate for reduction?

+1

You are a candidate if your weight is stable... and your breasts are heavy enough to qualify for insurance coverage.  Realize that if your breasts are too small for your frame, it will look odd.  And as mentioned by Dr. Rosen, if you are able to lose weight, you will have a better outcome if you do.  Also understand when the breasts are reduced, if you have a significant roll on the side of your chest, it will become much more obvious.

Curtis Wong, MD

Candididate for a breast reduction

+1

You are a candidate for a breast reduction but if you were planning on losing any weight, try to do that before the procedure. Sometimes that is difficult due to the large size of the breasts. A lot of insurance companies require you to be under 180 pounds if trying for insurance coverage. I suggest you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs the procedure regularly.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon