Would I Be a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction/lift? (photo)

I am a size 34DD, and I'm starting to get pretty self-conscience of them. I see that they're starting to look saggy & that most of the fat in my boobs are near the bottom of my boob, and at the top they look pretty flat so I think I have excess skin. I have looked into a specific breast surgery called the 'lollipop incision' as I think this is the perfect type of surgery to fit my needs. Would I be a good candidate for it? Does it look like my boobs would benefit from it?

Depends on your symptoms

+1

The photos show some significant droopiness, asymmetry, and areolar enlargement.  For patients to be candidates for breast reduction they typically have to have chronic neck, shoulder and back pain, rashes under the breasts, shoulder grooves, and large breasts.  They also have to show a failure of conservative treatments.  Considering the photos, you may be a better candidate for a breast lift which removes excess skin without significantly reducing the size of the breasts.  

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Minimal Incision Breast Reduction/Breast Lift - A Great Procedure

+1

Yes, I think you would be a great candidate for a minimal incision Breast Reduction/Breast Lift surgery using a “vertical” or “lollipop” scar technique.  This method has been used in Brazil and France for many years but is performed by a minority of Plastic Surgeons in this country.  The benefits include: approximately fifty percent less scarring, a narrower breast, better forward projection and shape, longer lasting improvement, shorter surgery time and less complications. In general, I have stopped using the older traditional “anchor” or inverted “T” incisions as these provide inferior results.  The procedure is done under general anesthesia on an out-patient basis or in the hospital it there are additional medical conditions.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Good Candidate for Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, I think you will be an excellent candidate for breast lifting/reduction;  this operation will serve to improve the position  and symmetry of the breasts  on your chest wall.  It is likely that you will benefit from the vertical or “anchor” mastopexy procedure.  Depending on your goals, breast implants may be helpful to achieve superior pole fullness.

I would suggest that you pick your plastic surgeon carefully and see lots of examples of his/her work. Communicate your goals clearly (I prefer the use of goal pictures).

You can't "pick" your breast lift

+1

You certainly do need a full breast lift for a better look and tone.  The shape and long term results are far better in my 25 years experience with a central pedicle lift which not only shapes the breast mound but also shapes the skin envelope using a T scar.  There are some really weird final results out there from just a lollipop incision because the skin isn't addressed in  3 dimensions.  In fact, I just fixed one this past week from a local surgeon.  So go to the doctor with the best results, not just the least scar.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Best Breast Lift (Mastopexy) for Me

+1

You could DEFINITELY benefit from a Breast Lift (Mastopexy). You have very saggy, asymmetric breasts with very large areolae. A Breast Lift would definitely help you. While there are several ways to lift breasts, in my opinion, a Short Scar Mastopexy (Hall-Findlay technique) may give you the best and longest lasting result.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Breast lift

+1

Thanks for your question.  You are an excellent candidate for a lift with or without significant reduction.  Please find a board certified plastic surgeon.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Would I Be a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction/lift?

+1

To me based upon the posted photos you are a candidate for a full inverted T or anchor lift, NOT a lollipop. 

Mastopexy

+1
Given the degree of sagging and size of the nipples, I agree that you need the vertical lift. Focus on the shape of the breasts. There will always be scarring but a suboptimal procedure will not produce an acceptable result. Based on the lateral view, I think you would benefit from a pexy, but do not need a reduction, per se.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast reduction

+1

I would say you look like a good candidate for a lift and small reduction with the goal of C cup range. The lollipop works well for many but I would end up with a short inverted T closure based on your pictures as it reduces the rate of needing a touch up operation. Good luck and please see a board plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Unless you are suffering from back/neck pain, I would recommend a lift

+1
Although looking at pictures does not replace a full examination, my first thought after looking at your pictures was that you need a lift, not a reduction.  Your breasts do not look excessively heavy.  Although you stated that you wear a DD bra, your breast volume does not look like a DD.
Using your hand lift your breasts up.  If you like the size of your breasts and the position, then all you need is a lift.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD